When chatting on Twitch or on the Discord server, you may receive the error “Sending messages on this channel has been disabled”. The error may affect some users while others may be chatting on the same channel.
This error can occur for a variety of reasons. When the error affected Discord users in 2016, it was due to a server failure. However, the error can also occur when using another chat platform.
If you also encounter this error, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you quickly resolve the “Sending messages in this channel is disabled” issue.
What causes the “Sending messages in this channel has been temporarily disabled” error?
Discord users have sometimes seen the message Sending messages in this channel has been temporarily disabled. This is not the message that appears when administrators block the channel. This is usually a problem with the Discord servers or with your own network settings.
Your network may be causing the ‘Sending messages to this channel is temporarily disabled’ error message.
How to solve the ‘Sending messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled’ error?
Changing your DNS settings
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window, type ncpa.CPL and press Enter.
- Right-click the Internet connection and select Properties.
- Double-click the Internet Protocol version 4 (IPV4) option and turn on the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Enter 220.127.116.11.8 as your preferred DNS server and 18.104.22.168 as your alternate DNS server.
- Click OK to save your settings and try chatting in Discord.
Checking Discord service status
- Visit the Discord status page.
- Verify that all systems are working.