The error message “Process failed. Item not found “sometimes appears when you click” Send/Receive “or try to open certain attachments in Outlook. According to Microsoft, this error may be caused by problems with the master PST file. The error message may also be due to a conflict with other applications installed on your computer, such as: B. your anti-virus software. In this case, uninstalling or disabling the conflicting application may help.
Run Outlook in normal mode
Then make sure that Outlook is in compatibility mode. Take a look at the steps to do this:
- Click “Start” and type “Outlook.exe” in the search box.
- Right-click the Outlook icon on your desktop and select “Properties.”
- Select the “Compatibility” tab and uncheck the “Run the program in compatibility mode” option.
- Select the “Apply” option and click “OK” to close the window.
- Now restart the Outlook application and see if you can send emails again.
Change the connection mode of Outlook
Cached paging mode provides a better experience when using cached paging mode.
- Open Outlook and click the File menu.
- Click the Account Settings drop-down menu, then click Account Settings again.
- Click the Email tab, select your account, and then click Edit.
- In your Exchange account settings, click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab. Make sure the Use cache swap mode option is checked, uncheck it and turn it on if it is not checked.
- Restart Outlook and make sure that Outlook starts opening the attachment correctly.
Create a new Outlook profile
Another possible cause of this problem is a corrupt Outlook profile. So try creating a new profile to fix the error.
- First, go to Start >> Settings >> Control Panel.
- Then double-click the mail icon.
- Now, in the Email Setup dialog box, select the Show Profiles option.
- The New Profile dialog box appears. In the Profile Name field, enter a descriptive type of name for the new profile and click OK.
- Then in the Email Accounts dialog box, select “Add New Email Account” in the email settings and click “Next” to continue.
- Now click the type of server the email account is running on, then click Next to continue.
- Fill in all the required information, including the fields that appear after you select the Advanced Settings option.
- When you have entered all the required information, click Done.
Clear the Startup Window
- You need to press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- Enter “msconfig” in the appropriate column.
- Click the OK button.
- The system setup utility menu will open.
- Tap the “Selective startup” option.
- Then select the Load system services option.
- Then start using the original boot configuration menu.
- Uncheck the Load autorun items box.
- Click the Hide all Microsoft service settings tab.
- It is located in the Services section.
- Click the Disable All option.
- Third-party application selection is not selected.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the “Restart” button.
- It will appear in the dialog box that appears on the screen.