When I try to run third-party software, I get an error 0xc0000006, also called STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR. Those who encounter the problem will get a message like “The application cannot properly run 0xc0000006”. Click OK to close the application. “This can limit access to games, tools, and other software downloaded from the Internet. This problem can be caused by corrupted system files, incompatible software, and registry problems based on the AppInst_DLLs key. If you tolerate such an unfortunate problem, it will reduce the PC’s performance and prevent people from having a fulfilling experience. Thus, we will help you with the step-by-step guide below.
Use registry editor
If you are experiencing error code 0xc0000006 with this STATUS IN PAGE error, you can try our recommended solution below which will change AppInit_DLLs value to solve the problem. Proceed as follows:
Since this is a logging process, it is recommended that you back up your registry or create a system restore point to take the necessary precautions. When you are done, you can do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type regedit and press Enter to open the registry editor.
- Find or navigate to the following path to the registry section:
- Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows
- Now double-click the AppInit_DLLs registry section on the right side to change its properties.
- In the Edit String window, leave the Value field blank.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- You can now close the Registry Editor window.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After restarting your computer, run the script on your computer. The problem should be resolved.
Try restoring the installation
If possible, try to restore the program. For example, if you get this error for Microsoft Office, do the following.
- press the Windows + I key on your keyboard at the same time to open Settings.
- click Applications.
- On the left-hand menu, click Applications and Features.
- Now search for Office in the search box on the right.
- click Change.
- Now click Restore.
Clean Boot Windows
Error 0xc0000006 may be due to conflicting third-party software such as: B. antivirus utilities. Press the Windows + R key combination to clear Windows without conflicting software at startup.
Enter MSConfig in the Run text box and click OK to open the window shown in the image below.
- Click the Selectable Startup Items option.
- Uncheck Load autorun items.
- Check the Load system services and Use initial startup configuration checkboxes.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Unselect to deselect all third-party services.
- Select the Apply option.
- Click OK to close the window.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the Reboot option.
Try some of these possible fixes for error 0xc0000006. As a last resort, you can try reinstalling Windows with a restore installation to reset the platform components.
If you can’t set up the installation media for a restore installation, another method is to reset Windows.