Microsoft Outlook is a kind of personal information manager. It provides the ability to store your emails, contacts, and other items in one place. In addition, users can create an Offline Address Book (OAB) file, which is a downloadable list of addresses. You can easily access this list even if they are disconnected from Exchange Online.
When users try to update their Exchange Offline Address Books (OABs), they see a “Reported Task (0x80190194)” error: “Operation failed”. This error usually occurs when only web distribution is allowed for your Offline Address Book file.
In addition, there are many reasons that can cause this error code in the Outlook client. Let’s take a quick look.
Here are some factors responsible for this Outlook email error code 0x80190194:
- Offline address book files are missing from the client access server
- Incorrect or misconfigured system settings
- Incorrect entries in the Windows registry
- Corrupted data file in the Outlook mailbox
Create a replica of the offline address book file on the Client Access Server.
This method requires the user to create duplicate offline address book files in the offline address book directories being accessed, and can be easily downloaded by the customer.
- Visit the mailbox server and drag and drop it there -.
- C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft \ Exchange Server \ ExchangeOAB
- In this location, create a replica of the desired offline address book files that you need to update.
- Then navigate to the client-server location on the mailbox server where you will insert a replica of the offline address book files.
- C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft \ Exchange Server \ Client Access \ OAB .
- Finally, try updating the offline address book files through the Outlook application using the send and receive option.
Create new Offline Address Book files
Outlook users can create a new offline address book file by renaming the available offline address book files as described below.
- Close the running Outlook application.
- Navigate to a location on your system – C: \ Users \% username% \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Outlook
- In your Outlook folder, locate the Offline Address Book folder. Rename this Offline Address Book folder to Offline Address Book.old for Outlook versions 2010 and later. However, in the Outlook 2007 version, you must rename the files one by one by entering .old in the names.
- After renaming the files or folders, start Outlook.
- Now click Tools > Send/Receive/Download Address Book (for Outlook 2007 and earlier versions) or Send/Receive > Send/Receive Groups > Download Address Book (for recent versions of Outlook).
- Select the offline address book to update from the drop-down list and uncheck the “Download changes since last send/receive” box. Click OK.
- After creating new Offline Address Book files, the error no longer appears.
These are simple solutions that you can use to fix Outlook error 0x80190194 that occurs when updating offline address book files. If the above solutions did not help, we recommend that you consult with an expert or an Exchange Server expert.
In this blog, I have tried to cover all the issues related to – How to fix Outlook address book update error “0x80190194”. Knowing that manual methods take time and technical knowledge, it is recommended to use an alternative solution that anyone can easily use, whether they have technical knowledge or not.