The Mail App is a great program in Windows 10 that many people use. It has innovative features that provide a great experience receiving, sending and organizing emails. The app is part of Microsoft’s larger ecosystem, the leading brand in the software industry. Despite the size of the email app, it is still far from perfect, as a significant number of users report various bugs they encounter when using it. One of the most common issues that users face is the Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a.
The Mail app supports various Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Exchange, and MS 365. Yahoo users can use this app by logging into their Yahoo account.
Unfortunately, many users would encounter an error when trying to log into the Mail app with a Yahoo account. When the error occurs, the message “An error has occurred. Unfortunately, we were unable to.” Displayed.
If you have encountered this problem, there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we are going to give a complete overview of what to do about mail application error 0x8019019a. The symptoms associated with this particular problem are different, but the cause of the problem is the same. On the advice of our experts, applying the fix from the section below should help solve the problem.
Update Windows and Mail to the latest version
Microsoft updates Windows from time to time to fix detected bugs and add new features. You won’t be able to add your Yahoo account to the Mail app if the Mail app on your system (or Windows) has not been updated to the latest version, as this could cause incompatibility between operating system modules. In this regard, updating your system’s Windows and Mail application to the latest version may solve the problem.
- Update your Windows system to the latest version. Make sure there are no additional updates left.
- Then press the Windows key and type Mail. Then right-click Mail and select Share.
- The Microsoft Store now starts with the Mail app page. If that doesn’t work, close the Microsoft Store and repeat step 2.
- Then check if an update is available for the Mail app. If so, update the Mail app and restart the system.
- After restarting, make sure that you can use your Yahoo account with the Mail app.
Re-add your Yahoo account to the Mail app.
The problem with the Yahoo account may be due to a temporary failure of the system’s communication modules. Deleting the Yahoo account and adding it to the Mail app may fix the error.
- Launch the Mail app and click Accounts (on the left side of the window, under New Mail).
- Then click your Yahoo account and select Delete Account.
- Now confirm the deletion of your Yahoo account and restart your computer after exiting the Mail application.
- When you restart, add the Yahoo account to the Mail app and see if the account problem is resolved.
- If not, repeat the above steps. However, when adding a Yahoo account, uncheck the “Stay logged in” box and see if the account problem is resolved.
- If the problem persists, repeat steps 1-4, but select another POP, IMAP account (not Yahoo) in the Add Account window and enter the data to add a Yahoo account.
- Then check if the Mail application works correctly with the Yahoo account.