Some Windows users report that they are suddenly unable to use their Bluetooth USB adapter (dongle). Affected users report that their Bluetooth settings have suddenly disappeared, the Device Manager displays an error related to the CSR8510 A10 driver, and when exploring the Bluetooth dongle under “Connected Devices”, the message “Driver Unavailable” appears.
After thoroughly investigating this problem, it turned out that there are several different causes for this error code. Below is a list of possible causes that can cause this problem.
What causes CSR8510 A10 driver error?
The csr8510 a10 driver error may be caused by a missing or outdated driver. In addition, other factors may also be the cause. Here we list some possible causes of csr8510 a10 driver error. You can use them as a reference.
- The system file is corrupted.
- Failed to install the Bluetooth stack.
- Critical Bluetooth service is disabled.
- Device Manager cannot install the correct driver version.
How to resolve the CSR8510 A10 driver error?
Manually download the driver and update it
- Press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard simultaneously to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.MSC in the box and click OK.
- Double-click Bluetooth to expand the section.
- In the expanded category, right-click the CSR8510 A10 driver (also known as an unknown device) and click Update Driver.
- When the “How do you want to search for drivers” prompt appears, choose to automatically search for updated driver software.
- Follow the instructions that appear next.
Resetting the driver settings
If the problem occurred after the driver update, you will need to reinstall the driver to fix the problem. If the option is grayed out, it means that your driver is not updated and an update may solve the problem.
- Launch the Device Manager using Win + X > Device Manager.
- Expand Bluetooth, right-click on the CSR8510 A10 driver, and select Properties.
- Click the Driver tab and then click Reset Driver.
Automatically download the driver and update it
- Download and install the third-party driver update program.
- Open it and click the Scan Now button. The tool will then automatically scan your computer for problematic drivers.
- Click on the “Update” option – it will be highlighted next to the CSR8510 A10 device.
- The third-party driver update tool will automatically download the correct driver version and install it on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.
- Double-click on Bluetooth to expand the category.
- Right-click on the CSR8510 A10 driver (it may appear as an unknown device) and click Update Driver.
A Bluetooth driver is a software that allows your operating system to communicate with a Bluetooth device and vice versa. In most cases, Bluetooth device driver errors occur when the necessary driver is either missing or corrupt.
- Reset your Bluetooth device settings.
- Update your phone's firmware.
- Purchase newer Bluetooth devices.
- Update the firmware on your device.
- Search for the best option.
- Report the problem.