This BSOD is unusual, and in this blog post we will explore the various reasons why error 0x00000109 is displayed, as well as possible solutions. It is also known as Critical_Structure_Corruption and usually occurs when using a program that is incompatible with the system. In this situation, the desktop is no longer displayed and a blue screen is displayed where the device automatically shuts down to prevent further data loss. With the code: 0x00000109 an abnormal prompt is displayed on the screen.
When the blue screen 0x00000109 appears, the Windows operating system stops several important functions, making it difficult to use the PC. As a result, you need to fix the blue screen error immediately. If the screen is not repaired in time, there are many problems such as damage and data loss. This error occurs due to many reasons. So, first and foremost, fix the system before identifying the root cause and finding a suitable solution. Failure to troubleshoot will lead to choosing the wrong solution that ends up being ineffective. Therefore, it is important to take your time and determine the cause before looking for a solution. If Windows is able to start after BSOD error 0x00000109, you may see the following message:
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown message that displays:
Problem event name: BlueScreen
BCC code: 109
Boot in Safe Mode
Starting your computer in safe mode is the first step to fixing the BSOD error. In safe mode, only basic system programs and services can be started during startup. If you successfully boot in safe mode, it indicates that a third-party application or device driver caused error 0x00000109 by interfering with the operating system’s BCD (boot configuration data).
Follow these simple steps to boot into safe mode:
- If your computer is currently on, press the power button until the system shuts down.
- Press the power button again to turn your computer on.
- After the first boot screen, press the F8 key several times until a menu of advanced boot options appears.
- Use the down arrow key to enter safe mode, then press Enter (or just press F4 to start the option immediately so you don’t have to use the down arrow key to scroll).
- Wait for the startup sequence to complete.
Run the Windows memory diagnostic
The Windows memory diagnostic tool can check your memory for corrupted data.
To run this tool, follow these steps:
- Start Windows
- Click Start
- Type Windows memory diagnostics in the search box.
- In the list of search results, click Windows Memory Diagnostics.
- Follow the instructions of the tool wizard to complete the process. Once the process is complete, you can determine if your memory is corrupt.
Update your device drivers
If the Stop error is caused by a problematic device driver, running an update can help fix the error. You can perform these steps manually:
- Press the Windows logo key + R.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and press “OK” or press Enter.
- Look for devices with a yellow rectangle and an exclamation mark in the middle. This indicates that there is a problem with them.
- Right-click the device you want to update and select “Update Driver Software.”
Check Windows Utilities
You can use this utility to fix BSOD error 0x00000109. You can use this tool to troubleshoot corrupt or missing files. The Windows utility checker checks for corrupt system files and faulty drivers, and then tries to repair them.
Here’s how to do it.
- Open the command line. To do this, open the startup dialog box and type cmd.
- When the command prompt opens, paste or type this command: exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
- This action scans your computer for possible errors and fixes them. Wait until it is 100% complete.
- A message will appear, which may be one of the following four messages:
- Missing or corrupt files.
- The system has found corrupted files, but has been unable to repair them.
- Windows Resource Protection has found and repaired corrupt files.
- The system found the corrupt files and fixed them.
- When the files are recovered, you should see a blue screen. All you need to do is reboot your computer and start it normally without entering safe mode.
- Otherwise, you need to move on to the next fix.
These are effective methods to remove blue screen from error code 0x00000109. The fixes have worked for many users, and you should try them to see how things work for you. Don’t forget to share your results in the comment box below.