Vudu is a popular streaming service that provides users with movies and TV shows on demand. However, several users have reported that Vudu failed to connect with an error code 28 when trying to use the app.
This error can occur if your system’s firewall is blocking the connection or if there is an error in the application.
If you also encounter this error, here are some troubleshooting tips. Vudu could not connect error code 28 in Windows and watch your favorite show again in time.
Roku Vudu error code 28 occurs in Vudu service when the network connection is blocked. It can also be caused by misconfigured system files, which can lead to problems with the registry in your operating system. A registry error occurs when new applications are launched without properly removing old ones. This can lead to system crashes, poor performance, program failures and more on your PC. Errors can also be caused by unwanted software such as spyware, adware, viruses and malware.
Change your DNS settings
Many users have been able to fix the Vudu 28 error code by changing their DNS settings. You can perform the following steps to make changes to your DNS settings.
- Right-click the network icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now click on Open Network and Internet Settings.
- From there, click on the “Change Adapter” option.
- Right-click the network and select Properties.
- Select or click on the version of the Internet Protocol (TCP / IPv4) and click on “Properties”.
- Select Use the following DNS addresses and enter 188.8.131.52 in the preferred DNS server. The other DNS server enter 184.108.40.206 and click OK.
- Now restart your computer or laptop.
Turn off the firewall
- Click “Start” and select “Settings.”
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Open firewall and network protection.
- Click on your currently active network.
- Scroll down and toggle the switch to turn off the Windows Firewall.
- Close the settings window.
- If you use a third-party antivirus with a firewall, disable it as well.
- Open Vudu and look for improvements.
- If the app works fine, you may need to whitelist it.
Add Vudu to the exclusion list
- Press the Windows + R key to open Run.
- Enter the control and click OK.
- Click System and Security.
- Click the Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left pane, click the Allow an application or feature through the Windows Defender firewall option.
- Click the “Change settings” button. Administrator access may be required.
- Scroll down and click Allow another application.
- In the “Add Application” window, click the review button.
- Navigate to the Vudu installation directory and select the Vudu.exe file.
- Click “Open”, then click “Add”.
- Once added, make sure that the public and private checkboxes are checked.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Close the control panel window.
Reset your modem
Apparently, Vudu error code timeout 28 indicates that something is wrong between VUDU and your Internet connection. So reset your modem and WiFi router first to fix any problem that may be related to the IP address.
To reset your modem, follow these steps:
- Unplug the modem’s power cord, and unplug it from the power outlet.
- If your modem contains batteries, remove the batteries as well.
- Wait a minute and leave the modem idle for this time.
- Replace the batteries (if any) and plug in the power cord.
- After connecting the power, wait a few minutes to complete the reset process. The modem LEDs should be lit steadily.
- Connect your device to the Internet and verify that the Vudu app works without any problems.
- If you are using a modem with a separate WiFi router, remember to reset the WiFi router as well.
Now try streaming on Vudu and see if the error code 28 on your device has disappeared. If you are using another antivirus, disable it and see if the error code 28 on Vudu has been eliminated. You can also add Vudu to the exclusion list through your antivirus settings to fix Vudu not connecting to the network error on your device.