If you play on the Xbox One, you may be familiar with the 0x80070BFA error that occurs when you try to download mobile games and game lists from the Microsoft Store. Users have reported that they have also encountered the error when trying to open EA Games or EA Access.
The error is usually due to server issues. However, if you are sure the problem is local. The first thing you should check is Microsoft’s official server status page. There you will find information about the current status of the server. Depending on your region, the only way to wait is if the page reports that there is a problem on the server. To see if anyone is reporting the same problem you’re experiencing, visit EA’s help page.
The Xbox One is one of the best gaming consoles out there. Provided by Microsoft, it certainly contains some serious bugs. However, you can play high-quality games available on the Microsoft Store. Now you can also play Steam or PC games on the Xbox One.
Uninstall the game or app and reinstall
When you do a game or app. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My Games and Apps, then select Show All.
- Select Games or Apps.
- Highlight the game or app you want to uninstall, press the menu key, and then select Uninstall.
- Select “Uninstall All.”
You can then reinstall the game or app by inserting the CD or downloading it again from the “Ready to Install” tab. To download again, select the name of the game from the “Ready to Install” tab at the top of the screen. You can also find the game by searching the Microsoft Store.
Note. Installation from disc does not apply to Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, which does not contain an optical drive.
Check the official status of the Microsoft server
After detecting error 0x80070BFA on your Xbox One, the first thing you should do is check the official Microsoft server status page. Check all services and the status of the game.
If there is an issue with the server, they will point out the problem and give you an estimate of how long it will take Microsoft to fix it. In particular, error 0x80070BFA is causing critical problems on the Xbox Live server.
Reset Your Console
If you have no other choice, the ultimate solution is to reset your Xbox. This will allow you to reinstall the software on your Xbox.
Warning. Make sure you select “Reset” and save my games and apps. Otherwise, reset the console to factory settings.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to System> Settings> System> Console Info.
- Select Reset Console.
- Select Reset and leave my games and apps. This will reset the operating system and delete any potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
Reinstall the EA Access or EA Sports app.
If this problem occurs when opening the EA Access app or EA Sports app, there may be a general inconsistency that can be easily fixed by reinstalling the problematic app.
Several affected users have confirmed that they were finally able to fix the 0X80070BFA error code after removing the app from the Game Management menu and then reinstalling it from scratch. If the problem is related to corrupted application files, this process should be able to erase the corrupted data and remove the error code.
- Press the Xbox One button to open the “Guide” menu, and then use it to go to the “My Games and Apps” menu.
- From the “My Games and Apps” menu, navigate to the EA Access or EA Sports app you want to reinstall. Then click the “Start” button and select “Manage App.
- Use the “Uninstall All” menu in the next menu to make sure you’ve uninstalled the base app with all the updates that have been carried over since you installed it.
- Then reopen the store, download and run the previously installed app again to see if the same 0X80070BFA is still happening.