The Xbox One is a gaming console developed by Microsoft. It is marketed as an all-in-one entertainment system and offers gamers the best value and high-quality gaming experience. It is very popular among gaming enthusiasts.
However, some bugs have been reported on this gaming console. 0xd0000189 is one of them. The error is always accompanied by the message “Wait a full minute and then try again”. This usually happens when users try to run applications such as Netflix or a certain game.
In most cases, error code 0xd0000189 is accompanied by the error message “Wait a full minute and then try again”, which prompts the user to restart the console. Error code 0xd0000189 on Xbox One is a common error code that can occur when installing or launching games or apps. The error is usually related to problems with Xbox Live.
If you encounter this error, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you fix error code 0xd0000189 on Xbox One with step-by-step instructions.
What is the cause of error 0xd0000189 on Xbox One
It turns out that this error message can be caused by several different scenarios. Here is a shortlist of possible fixes that could cause this error code:
- Illegitimate alternate MAC address: It turns out that this particular problem is often caused by network inconsistency caused by an invalid alternate MAC address. This prevents communication between the Xbox servers and your console. In this case, you should be able to solve the problem by accessing the network settings and removing the alternate MAC address.
- Xbox One Server problem: In some cases, the error code 0x000001f4 may also be caused by a non-working Xbox server. Whether due to a maintenance period or a DDoS attack, this situation will prevent Microsoft from verifying ownership of the applications you are trying to access. In this case, you should be able to resolve the problem by waiting for MS techs to resolve it, or switch from console mode to offline to bypass the verification process.
- Firmware problem: If you confirm that the problem occurs only locally, this behavior is likely due to a firmware problem. In such situations, the best way to solve the problem is to turn off the power to discharge the power capacitors and remove any temporary data that may be causing the behavior.
- Damage to the system file: It has been confirmed that damage to the system file can also cause error code 0x000001f4. This can be caused by various operating system problems that cannot be solved traditionally. The only way to fix them is to perform a factory reset.
If you are currently looking for a solution to this problem, this article contains several troubleshooting guides that should allow you to repair or workaround error code 0xd0000189. Each of the possible repair strategies below has been validated in work by at least one affected user.
For best results, we recommend that you follow the possible solutions below in the order in which we have placed them. In the end, you should find a solution that solves the problem, regardless of the cause.
Fix error code 0xd0000189 on your Xbox One
Check the status of the Xbox Live service
- Error code 0xd0000189 on Xbox One can occur when the Xbox Live service is unavailable.
- You can check the live status of the Xbox Live service for any problems related to outages.
- On the Xbox Live status page, scroll through the Services, Games, and Apps sections and check for outages.
- Wait for Microsoft to resolve the Xbox One error problem and update the service page. You can get a service status update when you sign in with your Xbox account.
Clear the alternate MAC address
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select All Settings.
- Go to Settings and select the Network tab.
- Select Network Settings.
- Open the Advanced Settings option.
- On the Advanced Settings screen, select Alternate MAC Address.
- Under Alternate Wired MAC Address, select Delete.
- Now try starting the game and see if there are any improvements.
Run the game offline
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- From the Guides menu, go to Settings -> System.
- Select Settings, then Network.
- From the Network menu, open Network Settings.
- Select the “Go offline” option.
- This will bring your Xbox One console into offline mode.
- While offline, try installing or running the game or app where the error occurred and see if you can improve the situation.
Perform a reboot
- Make sure the Xbox console is turned on.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for about 20 seconds.
- Release the button once the console is turned off.
- Disconnect any connected cables from the console.
- Wait a few minutes and then reconnect the cables.
- Press the Xbox button again to turn the console on.
- After turning on the console, try running the game to see if the error is fixed.
Resetting the Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to System -> Settings.
- Select “Console Info,” then “Reset Console.
- There are two ways to reset your Xbox One console.
- Reset and save my games and apps – Select this option first. It resets the operating system and deletes potentially corrupted data without your games or apps.
- Reset and delete everything – Use this option as a last resort.
- Selecting this option resets the Xbox One to factory settings, deleting all data stored on the console.
- After the reset, try running the game and see if there are any improvements.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reset your console in Xbox Boot Troubleshooter, select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Save Games and Apps. This feature resets the operating system and deletes potentially corrupted data without removing games or apps. If it works, you should return to the home screen after restarting the console.
- Insert the game disc.
- Clean the disc. Remove the game disc.
- Restart the console.
- Try a soft reset.
- Try a different disc or contact Microsoft support.
Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. After turning off the console, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds. Then plug the console back in and turn it on by pressing the Xbox button. After restarting the console, try installing the system update again.
Many players have error 0x82d40004 Xbox one drive is in communication with the power mode when it is set to power-saving mode. Therefore, to fix the Xbox error code 0x82d40004 you need to switch the power mode to instantaneous mode.