Users reported encountering the following error message when attempting to play feature, popular, or user-created content using the Roblox Xbox One app.
Can’t sign in.
Your Xbox account settings do not allow you to play user-generated content. You can change this in your Xbox settings or through the Xbox.com error code: 116.
This error occurs on the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. Before the actual error code described above occurs, users will receive the following brief message;
You cannot see content created by others due to your account setup.
To successfully resolve error code 116 in Roblox, you can follow the following instructions regarding this error.
What causes Roblox error code 116 on Xbox One
This particular error code occurs because most Roblox games require access to both online multiplayer and user-generated content. This error code usually occurs on child accounts that are part of a family account.
Since these accounts have limited access rights, you will need to make several changes to ensure that access to the Roblox application is set up correctly.
This error occurs when working with child accounts. If you are using a family account on Xbox, because these accounts have restricted access rights, you may need to change some settings to allow access to the games in the Roblox app.
To resolve Roblox error code 116 on Xbox One
Change some settings
- Press the Xbox Home button to open the side menu.
- Move the controller down to select the Settings icon and press the A button to open it.
- Then select All Settings and press the A button again.
- Left-click to select an account from the left menu.
- Next, go to Internet Privacy and Security and click the A button again.
- Select Xbox Live Privacy, then scroll down to view the details and settings and press the A button again.
- On the next screen, scroll down to the Game Content menu.
- Then select with your left thumb. Go to the “You can post and share content” page.
- Now change the menu from “Block” to “All.”
- Forcibly close and reopen the Roblox app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turn off your Xbox One console and unplug it. Leave it unplugged for 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Then log in to your Roblox and Xbox accounts and make sure they both show the same birthday. If you're still having problems, try other solutions for common Roblox errors.
- Make sure you're using a supported browser.
- Reset your Internet settings.
- Check your browser's security settings.
- Check your wireless connection.
- Remove/deactivate any ad-blocking browser add-ons.
- Make sure that the appropriate ports are open.
- Configure your firewall and/or router.
- Reinstall Roblox.
If you encounter Roblox error code 106, the solution is as simple as logging into the Roblox site via a console browser, laptop, PC, or mobile device and adding your friend to the built-in friend list. Then ask your friend to do the same and accept your friend's request.
- Create an account in Roblox. Visit this page to create a Roblox account using your PC/laptop.
- Follow the content that other people are creating. Connect to your Xbox console.
- Use port forwarding. If you are using Wi-Fi, go to your router login page.
- Cycle power.
- Reinstall the game.