The problem “missing Xapofx1_1.dll” occurs when you are trying to run a game and you do not have the latest version of DirectX installed on your computer, or DirectX is not installed on your computer at all.
You can’t run the program because the missing xapofx1_1.dll file isn’t found. Try reinstalling the program to solve this problem.
If you try to run the game and get this error message, make sure you have installed and updated your version of DirectX, as it may be related to the graphics file, and also make sure you have updated your Windows operating system. You can try the following methods if you are still getting this error.
What causes Xapofx1_1.DLL to go missing?
- The error indicates that the xapofx1_1.dll file is not in the correct path or has been deleted. You may have deleted this important DLL file by mistake or unnecessarily moved it to another folder/location.
- It is also possible that you tried to remove some games/applications on your computer that were related to DirectX SDK and also related to the xapofx1_1.dll file.
- Other possible causes of DLL error could be outdated Windows operating system or upcoming Windows update, problematic installed software, damaged or missing DirectX or DirectX SDK, not provided permission for the file, malware or viruses on your computer, and other reasons.
How to fix Xapofx1_1.DLL Is Missing error?
Scan system files
- Press the Windows and S keys simultaneously.
- Type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Right-click on the search result at the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- After entering this command, press Enter :
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, type this command to check the system files and press Enter:
- Wait until the SFC scan finishes its work. Restart Windows at the end of the scan if the system files have been restored.
Update Windows 10
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows + I key combination.
- Click Update and security to open the settings.
- Click Check for updates to download and install all available patch updates.
- If you’re not using the latest build of Windows 10, click the Download and Install option to get a working update.
Reinstall the software that has the xapofx1_1.dll problem
- Press the Windows + X key combination and select Run from the Win + X menu.
- Click OK after entering this command in the Open from Run field:
- Select the game or program for which you want to fix the xapofx1_1.dll error in the Programs and Features applet.
- Click the Uninstall option (and Yes when prompted) to remove the selected game.
- Restart your desktop or laptop computer before reinstalling the game.
- Then reinstall the latest version of the game you uninstalled.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error indicates that the xapofx1_1.dll file is not in the correct path or has been deleted. You may have mistakenly deleted this important DLL file or unnecessarily moved it to a different folder/location.
DLL error may be caused by outdated Windows operating system or upcoming Windows update, problematic installed software, damaged or missing DirectX or DirectX SDK, not provided permission for the file, malware or virus problems on your computer, and other reasons.
- Open settings by pressing the Windows + I key combination.
- Click on Update and Security to open the settings.
- Click Check for Updates to download and install all available updates.
- If you're not using the latest build of Windows 10, click the Download and Install option for the available working update.