Windows 10 has become one of the most popular Windows operating systems, but this latest operating system comes with many bugs. One such annoying error is “DDE Server Window: explorer.exe Application shutdown error”.
“DDE Server Window: explorer.exe Application Error” usually occurs when a user tries to shut down their computer. This error prevents the user from shutting down the system and delays the shutdown process.
If you also encounter a server window explorer.exe error and cannot shut down your computer, you should fix this error quickly. Here in this article, you will find solutions that will help you to solve dde server windows 10 error.
Before you apply the solutions, you should first find out the cause of the error and then start troubleshooting.
What causes the application error “DDE server Window: explorer.exe”?
Faulty data block or logical error: If you are working with an older storage device (a classic hard drive), it is possible that this error is caused by a faulty drive.
Conflict with Realtek audio driver: It turns out that this problem in Windows 10 is often due to a conflict caused by third-party HD audio drivers provided by Realtek.
Base system file corruption: In more serious circumstances, this error message may appear if your system is experiencing some base corruption that affects explorer.exe.
Automatic taskbar hiding is enabled: In some cases, this error may be caused by a feature that automatically hides the taskbar when you are using your computer in desktop mode.
How to repair the application error: “DDE server Window: explorer.exe”?
Installing the latest Windows 10 updates
- Click on the Start menu and select Settings.
- Then select Update and security.
- For the Windows Update option, click on Check for updates.
- Allow Windows to download and install the available updates (if any) and reboot your system.
Disable automatic taskbar hiding
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Select the Taskbar on the left and toggle the Auto Hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode switch to Off.
- Close all open windows and shut down your computer.
Restart your computer
- Right-click on the Start button.
- From the menu that appears, choose Shutdown or Exit -> Shutdown.
- Turn your computer back on. The problem should now be solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Restart file explorer.
- Change the size of virtual memory.
- Disable the fast startup.
- Perform SFC/DISM check.
- Perform a ChkDsk operation.
- Update Microsoft software.
DDE is a process that was used in early versions of Windows and has gradually been replaced by other technologies. You may be using Windows 10 and explorer.exe is giving a system warning with DDE server windows due to incompatibility of the software you are using. You need to update your system to fix the error.
- Update your Acrobat software.
- Disable the antivirus software.
- Modify the registry.
- Restore Acrobat.
- Disable protected mode on startup.
The explorer.exe application error has several causes, one of which is the size of the virtual memory. The hard drive can also be to blame for possible errors that cause certain programs to fail. A quick fix for explorer.exe error is to use a professional tool that can repair your system.