When you try to open the program on Windows, you get loadlibrary error 1114?
The loadlibrary error message 1114 indicates LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: The dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
The error message can appear completely randomly on notebooks with switchable graphics from AMD or NVIDIA Optimus Tech. Here’s how to fix error 1114 on Windows 10.
Table of Contents:
Adjust the setting to switchable dynamic graphics in Windows
AMD Switchable Graphics technology uses discrete 3D graphics and integrated graphics to conserve laptop battery power.
Optimus is the NVIDIA equivalent of switchable dynamic graphics for notebook computers with NVIDIA GPUs.
The best solution for error 1114 is usually to set the maximum global switchable dynamic graphics settings. This is a great way to tweak the dynamic graphics toggle setting in Windows 10.
- Press the Win + X keyboard shortcut to open the Win + X menu in Windows 10.
- Click Power Options to open the settings window.
- Click Advanced power options to open Control Panel options.
- Click Change Plan Settings to open additional display options.
- Then click Change advanced power settings to open a separate window for power settings.
- Click Switchable Dynamic Graphics and expand Global Options.
- From the One Battery drop-down menu, select Maximize Performance.
- From the Inserted drop-down menu, select Maximum Performance.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons to save the new selected settings.
Change graphics card software settings
In the graphics card software settings, change the graphics setting for Icad or MSEmbed to High Performance.
You can find them in the following locations on your computers:
- C: \ Program Files \ MicroSurvey \ embeddedCAD (year) \ MSEmbed.exe
- C: \ Program Files \ MicroSurvey \ MSCAD (year) \ Icad.exe
AMD graphics card
- Right click anywhere on the desktop and select AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Under Power, select Configure Switchable Graphics for Applications.
- Click Add Application, add Icad or MSEmbed to the list of applications, then select High Performance instead of Power Saving.
NVIDIA graphics card
- Right click anywhere on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings.
- Click Program Preferences and add Icad or MSEmbed. Replace your favorite GPU with a high-performance NVIDIA processor.
Update your display driver
Sometimes corrupted driver updates can be the cause of this problem.
- You need to right-click the Windows icon on the screen. Then click “Run”.
- Write “devmgmt.msc” and click “OK”.
- When Device Manager opens on your computer, you need to expand Graphics Cards.
- You need to right click on your video card, then click on “Update Driver”.
- In the next step, simply click on “Search for Drivers Automatically”.
Wait a few minutes for Windows to find the driver and install it automatically.