The Roku Vudu 28 error code occurs in the Vudu service when the network connection is blocked. It can also occur due to misconfigured system files, which can cause registry problems in your operating system. A registry error occurs when you start new applications without properly removing old ones.
This can lead to system crashes, slow performance, program freezing, etc. on your computer. Errors can also be caused by unwanted software such as spyware, adware, viruses, and malware.
What causes Vudu error code 28?
Error code 28 is a connection establishment error that appears on your computer screen when viewing programs on Vudu. The error can occur for many reasons. Below is a list of possible causes that can cause error code 28.
- Closed port connection.
- Anti-virus or firewall interference.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- A problem with your Internet modem.
How to resolve the Vudu error code 28?
Turn off your firewall
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Open Firewall and Network Protection.
- Click on the currently active network,
- Scroll down and disable the Windows firewall with the toggle switch.
- Close the settings window.
- If you are using a third-party antivirus program with a firewall, disable it as well.
- Open Vudu and see if there is any improvement.
- If the application works without errors, you may need to add Vudu to your whitelist.
Then follow the steps below to add Vudu to your firewall’s whitelist so that it works properly:
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK.
- Click System and security.
- Click Windows Firewall Defender.
- In the left pane, click the Allow an application or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click the Change Settings button. This may require administrative privileges.
- Scroll down the list and click Allow another application.
- In the Add Application window, click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the Vudu installation directory and select the Vudu.exe file.
- Click Open, then Add.
- After adding, make sure that the Public and Private checkboxes are selected.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Close the control panel window.
- Be sure to turn on the Windows Defender firewall before running the Vudu application.
- If all went well, you should be able to use the application without errors.
Sometimes you just need to update or reinstall the application. Try reinstalling Vudu on your TV to see if the problem is fixed.
Click on Start and select Settings.
Go to the Applications section.
Under the “Installed Applications” tab, locate Vudu.
Select Vudu and click Uninstall.
Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
Download and install the application from the Microsoft Store.
Reset your modem settings
Error code Vudu 28 operation ended by the timer means that there is a problem between VUDU and Internet connection. Therefore, you should start by resetting your modem and WiFi router to fix any problems that may be related to the IP address.
- Unplug the power cord from the modem and unplug it from the power outlet.
- If your modem has batteries installed, remove them as well.
- Wait for one minute and then leave the modem idle for that time.
- Replace the batteries (if any) and plug in the power cord.
- After connecting the power, wait a few minutes to complete the reset procedure.
- The modem lights should now be on.
- Connect the device to the Internet and verify that the Vudu application is running smoothly.
- If you are using a modem with a separate WiFi router, make sure that you also reset the WiFi router.
Switch from a WiFi connection to a wired connection
Make sure your Internet connection is fast enough to play Vudu movies (at least 2.5 Mbps for SD and 10 Mbps for HD). Typically, Vudu operation timeout error code 28 occurs on cell phones, Xbox 360, and Roku over WiFi, so if possible, it is better to use a wired connection instead of WiFi.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reset your modem settings.
- Try using your Vudu account on other devices.
- Change the connection to your TV to WiFi.
- Check your firewall.
- Switch from your WiFi to a wired connection.
Errors with error code 28 are usually caused by a lack of drivers for the device for which the error is displayed in the Device Manager. Updating the device drivers almost always solves the problem. If that doesn't help, it's likely that the hardware has a physical problem and needs to be replaced.
Some Vudu users complain about reading errors. Playback errors are usually related to corrupted video files.
First, check your connection and make sure you are using a wired connection. An Ethernet connection is always better than a Wi-Fi connection, especially for streaming. Also, disable any VPN/proxy solution as it doesn't seem to work with VUDU.