When Roblox is installed on your PC, you will see “Configure” on the screen. Roblox adapts to your PC and its configuration to give you the best gaming experience. It copies the files and components needed for Roblox to function properly on your PC.
ROBLOX users may find that their screen freezes or loops when setting up ROBLOX. If you see this error, this post will help you solve the problem.
In this guide, we provide some effective solutions to help you fix this error.
What is the cause of the Roblox Configuration loop error?
- Roblox Installation: If you encounter a problem while updating your existing installation, chances are that it is caused by corrupted installation or files.
- Third-party antivirus package: The most common and frequently reported cause of the problem is an overprotected antivirus package. It turns out that some third-party antivirus packages are over-protected and therefore often block activities that don’t want to harm your system.
- Internet connection: In some cases, your Internet connection can also cause a problem. This occurs when the installer is unable to retrieve certain information from the server because your ISP may have set restrictions for your network.
How to troubleshoot the “Roblox Setup” error?
Uninstall Roblox from your computer
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Find Roblox and highlight it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Now you need to uninstall the Roblox folder to completely remove it from your PC system.
- In file explorer, go to C:\User(Windows username)\AppDataLocal.
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
After uninstalling the Roblox application, you can reinstall it and check if you can access the Roblox configuration page.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Update and Security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Select Firewall and Network Protection.
- Select your network profile.
- Locate the Windows Defender firewall.
- Set the button to Off.
Deactivate the antivirus program
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and select Uninstall software.
- Find your antivirus software and select it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
If you’re using a Windows 10/11 computer, your antivirus program may prevent you from connecting and fully configuring Roblox. Disable it first and try again.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Configuration object is a container object used to store value objects to make the values used in a tool or template with scripts more easily accessible.
The configuration object must be placed in BasePart in a template or tool. Initially, it should be used with a tool that provides a graphical user interface to change these properties. However, developers now often change these values directly in the Roblox Studio properties window.
Roblox configuration crashes often happen because your third-party antivirus package is over-protected. During the installation process, the application is configured for your system, which is displayed as Configure Roblox. However, this message can often get stuck, and you have to deal with the cycle of this message.
- Disable third-party antivirus programs.
- Use a VPN.
- Uninstall Roblox installation.