The Mail app in Windows 10 organizes all your email messages in a single email client platform. You can view your inbox, sent messages, drafts, and more from all your email accounts. It’s easier to manage all the messages in multiple accounts with just a few clicks.
However, some users encounter a bug when using the search feature in the Microsoft Mail app on a Windows 10 PC. The search tool doesn’t work. When they click on the search results in the Windows Mail app, the messages disappear one by one. If that’s the case, you’ll hate to see your emails disappear before your eyes.
Fortunately, there are options for what you can do if you encounter the error. You can fix the problem with the Mail app in Windows 10 using proven troubleshooting methods.
What causes this issue?
Search results in the Mail app may disappear when clicked if Windows or the Mail app on your system has not been updated. The problem occurs when a user enters a search query in the Mail app and it displays search results, but as soon as the user clicks on the search result, the search results disappear one by one (sometimes the Mail app closes itself).
How do I fix this problem?
Update the Windows and the Windows 10 Mail app to the latest version
Microsoft usually releases updates to keep up with ever-changing technology and to fix bugs it finds. Updating your system and Mail app to the latest version can solve the problem.
- First, go to the settings menu and manually update Windows to the latest version.
- Then check to see if the problem is resolved or not.
- If the problem is not resolved, press the Windows key and search for Mail.
- Now click on Mail in the search results and select the unlock option.
- Then check if an update is available for the Mail app.
Changing your mailbox sync settings
The search result may be due to a communication failure between your system and the mail server. If this happens, change your mailbox sync settings so that you can download emails to your device.
- First, press the Windows key and type Mail on your keyboard.
- Then select Mail in the results.
- Then select the problem account and click on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click Manage Accounts in the settings menu and select your account.
- Now open the mailbox sync settings and change the Download emails from to Anytime option in the drop-down menu.
- Then click Finish and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, check to see if your problem is now resolved or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Search results in the Mail app may disappear when you click on them if the Windows system or the Mail app is not updated. Some users report that using the Escape key, Ctrl key, or up/down arrows after displaying search results prevents emails from disappearing.
If Outlook emails disappear, it can usually be due to your settings, an inactive account, email rules configured in Outlook, or emails moved to the "Deleted" folder.
- Make sure I am connected to the Internet.
- Update the Gmail app.
- Reboot your Android device.
- Turn on Gmail sync.
- Sync your Android data.
- Make sure there is enough free storage space.
- Check your email password.
- Reboot Gmail.
Emails can disappear from your inbox if they were accidentally archived, deleted, or marked as spam. Tip: You can also use search operators to further filter search results. You may have created a filter that automatically archives or deletes certain emails.