Some Firefox users are reporting a SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error when opening a web page in Firefox or Opera. The SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox or Opera has nothing to do with security settings and has nothing to do with the web browser at all. The SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error occurs due to a misconfiguration in the device’s time and date settings. Firefox returns a SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error if the time and date settings are incorrect. In this article, I will show you an easy way to fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox and Opera browsers.
Secure connection failed
An error occurred while connecting to. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE The page you want to display could not be displayed because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to report this issue.
Update Firefox to the latest version available
Step 1. Open Firefox and click the action button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Click the Help tab> About Firefox.
Step 3: If a new update is available, click Restart to update Firefox and begin the update process.
Step 4: Firefox should automatically restart after updating.
Replace CMOS battery
Step 1. Turn off your computer and unplug the computer.
Step 2: Remove the side cover to expose the motherboard.
Step 3. Locate the CMOS battery and use your fingernail or non-conductive screwdriver to pull it out of the slot.
Step 4. Clean the CMOS battery with a soft cloth dampened with isopropyl alcohol. Or replace the CMOS battery with a new one.
Step 5. Replace the cover, reconnect the power supply, and restart the computer.
Check time and date in Windows 10
- Click on the clock in the taskbar at the far right of the taskbar.
- Press the Windows key + S keys.
- Enter the time for the keyword in the search box.
- Click Change date and time to open the settings window.
- Activate the Set time automatically option.
- Reboot your desktop or laptop.
- Click the Change button to manually adjust the time and date.
- Click the Change button and restart Windows.
Disable OCSP check
- Start Firefox.
- Click the Settings menu and select Options.
- On the left tab, click on Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to OCSP Query Response Servers to confirm that the certification option is up to date.
- Clear the Request OCSP Responder Server check box.
- Close Firefox and restart it.
Thanks to me! Help other people. Share this information on social media, forum or website and help make the Internet safer for everyone.