Is the 0495ba16 error preventing you from logging into the app and watching your favorite shows? There are two workarounds you can use to solve this problem and watch Twitch on your PS4 console.
Twitch error 0495ba16 has been affecting PS4 users for some time. If you try to log out and then log in to Twitch, you may not be able to log into the app after that. There is currently no permanent solution, but the workarounds listed in this guide should help you get rid of this error code.
What causes Twitch error code 0495BA16?
Low-level server problem: This error code may be caused by a server problem (caused by a shutdown or maintenance period). If this scenario applies, you can only confirm that it is a server problem and wait for the developers to fix it.
Corrupted credentials: It turns out that this error can also occur due to inconsistent data on the Twitch account that is currently (partially) logged into. In this case, the problem can be solved by deleting the remaining credentials on your console or PC.
PS4 Login Problem: If you see this error on your PS4 or PS4 Pro, it is likely due to a bug that has not yet been fixed on the PS4. Fortunately, you can get around this problem without uninstalling the Twitch app by logging in via the account icon (instead of the login button).
Damaged system file: On the console, it is also possible that this error is due to residual operating system data causing problems with Twitch streaming. Some affected users have been able to resolve this problem by performing a power-on operation.
How to repair Twitch error code 0495BA16?
Checking for server issues
One of the main reasons for this error is that the Twitch server is under maintenance. Therefore, before you try any of the solutions below, you should first check if the Twitch server is working properly.
To do this, go to the Twitch status page and check the status of the server in your region. If your region indicates that it is down, wait for it to come back online.
Server maintenance is not your responsibility, and there is nothing you can do on your end to fix the error in this situation. All you can do is wait for it to come back online.
Unlink your Twitch account from your PS4
- Go to the home screen of your PS4.
- Then open the settings and go to Sharing and Streaming.
- Select Link to other services.
- Now link your account to Twitch.
- Then select Logout.
- After logging out on the console, go to your PC and open a web browser.
- Then open your Twitch account in a web browser and log in to your account.
- Click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Then select Settings and click on the
- Connections tab.
- Then link your Twitch account to your PS4 like you did the first time.
Spam login options
This is not a real fix, but a temporary workaround. This one works specifically for PS4 users. This workaround works by forcing you to log in via spam login options.
- When logging in, just hold the left stick up and keep pressing the X button to spam the login option for about two minutes.
- This will get you into your Twitch account without any errors.
This is just a workaround for PS4 users, who will have to do it manually every time an error appears. It doesn’t really solve the problem, but only temporarily.