The official Netflix help page doesn’t have much information about this error message. However, from personal experience, the NSEZ-403 error message occurs when you use a VPN service. Are you using a VPN? That’s most likely why you’re seeing this message.
If you’re not using a VPN, try opening the browser in a private window or restarting the browser with add-ons disabled. This may help.
What causes Netflix error NSEZ-403?
Faulty VPN or proxy: A VPN solution or proxy service can also cause a similar problem and cause Netflix to block the connection due to a geolocation violation.
Incorrect Netflix profile: Turns out there is a bug that only affects Netflix users on Windows that causes some profiles to display titles that are not available for your current location.
Damaged Netflix cookie: This problem can also occur due to a partially corrupted cookie or improperly stored Netflix-related cookie data.
Hardware acceleration causes playback problems: If you only see this error when trying to stream content from a low-end PC, it is possible that hardware acceleration cannot be applied due to processor limitations.
How to resolve the Netflix NSEZ-403 error?
Get rid of the old profile
- Open Netflix with a web browser -> Log in to your account.
- Once logged in, click the profile icon.
- Click Manage Profiles -> Click to select the profile you are having trouble with.
- Then tap Delete profile at the bottom of the screen.
- If prompted, confirm the action.
- Then create a new profile, log in to your account, and check to see if your Netflix NSEZ-403 error has been fixed or not.
Log in to another device (Windows or macOS)
- Make sure you are logged in to Netflix on another computer over the same network connection.
- If you are already logged in to another device, you will need to log out and log back into your account.
- If you see an error code or error message when you connect to Netflix or try to watch content on this device, it means that Netflix is unable to connect your account to the service at this time for some reason. Please try watching again later.
- On the other hand, if you don’t see an error code or error message when trying to connect to Netflix or watch content on this device, you should contact customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
The NSEZ-403 error message appears if you are using a VPN service. Are you using a VPN? That's probably why you're seeing this message.
- A VPN or proxy server failure.
- A faulty Netflix profile.
- Broken Netflix cookie.
- Hardware acceleration is causing playback problems.
- Delete the old profile.
- Log in to another device (Windows or macOS).