Meanwhile, Windows 11 has become one of the most expensive operating systems. The latest version of Microsoft’s operating system contains many features that users have wanted for a long time.
However, amidst all these features, many users complained about error 0x80071AB1 when trying to install .NET Framework. This .NET Framework is required to run certain applications on the system.
What causes error 0x80071ab1 in Windows 10?
Error 0x80071AB1 may be caused by problems with the Windows update feature. We recommend trying to update your Windows computer, repair corrupted files, or reset Windows Update components.
How to fix error 0x80071ab1 in Windows 10?
Launch the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Press Win + I to launch the Settings app and go to System -> Troubleshooting -> Other Troubles.
- Here you will find a list of problem fixes. Find Windows Update and select the Run button next to it.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen. Troubleshooter tries to find and fix problems wherever possible.
Performing an SFC check
- Press the Win + R shortcut, type cmd, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter shortcut to run the command line as an administrator.
- Run the following command: sfc /scannow
- Allow the scan to finish. If system files requiring repair are found, the utility will automatically perform the necessary operations.
- After the utility finishes repairing the files, try reinstalling the .NET Framework.
Attempting to update Windows
- Press the Win + I key combination to launch the Settings application and select “Windows Update” on the left sidebar.
- In the right pane, select the Check for Updates button.
- Windows will search for available updates. If you find .NET on the list, install it through Windows Update.
Start the Windows Update service
- Press Win + R, type services.MSC and press Enter to launch the Services console.
- Now find the Windows Update service. Right-click it and select Properties.
- Then check the status of the service. If it says “Stopped,” click the Start button to start the service.
- Restart your computer and see if that fixes error 0x80071AB1.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Updating Windows OS.
- Run an SFC check.
- Run the Windows Update troubleshooting service.
- Run the Windows Update service.
- Reset the Windows Update components.
- Press Win + I to launch the Settings application, and then go to System -> Troubleshooting -> Other Troubleshooting.
- Here you will find a list of troubleshooting methods. Find Windows Update and select the Run button next to it.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen. A troubleshooter will try to find the problems and resolve any issues.
It turns out that corruption of system files can also cause error 0x80071AB1. Superficial damage can usually be fixed with SFC or DISM scanning procedures, but in more serious scenarios you may need to repair or a clean installation.