Nowadays, errors that occur during printing have become very common. Based on this, you may get some error codes 49 when printing a document or file using HP printer.
The main reason for this error is due to the lack of communication between the computer and the laptop. File errors can also be the cause of this problem. In addition to this, incorrect operations, corrupted data, incorrect dot commands and more can also cause the errors.
What causes the hp printer error 49 in Windows 10?
- HP printer is printing incompatible versions of files.
- Connecting to a third-party patch not designed to work with the printer.
- Timing of jobs sent to the printer.
- Simultaneous processing of jobs.
- Network traffic that affects printer operation in this environment.
- Registry errors.
How to repair the error 49 on the hp printer?
Resetting the printer and deleting the print queue
- Press the “Power” button on the printer to turn it off.
- Unplug the printer’s power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Disconnect the USB cable, Ethernet cable, or any other cable connected to the printer.
- Enter the word “printer” in the search box and select “Printers and scanners” in the search results.
- On the Printers and Scanners page, select the HP printer, and then click Open Queue.
- The print queue opens. If you want to delete a single document, right-click the document you want to delete and select Cancel.
- When prompted, click “Yes” to delete the document.
- You can either delete documents one by one, or you can right-click anywhere in the window and select the “Delete All Documents” option to delete all documents from the print queue.
- When prompted to confirm, click Yes to continue.
- After deleting all documents or the document that you think is causing the error, click the Close button to close the window.
- Reconnect the USB cable, Ethernet cable, or any other cable that you disconnected from the printer in step 3.
- Plug the power cord back into an electrical outlet.
- Press the printer power button to restart the printer.
Update the printer firmware
- Open a web browser, type “support.hp.com/drivers” in the address bar and press enter.
- On the drivers page, click on the “Printers” option to continue.
- Enter your printer model name in the search box and select your printer model from the results.
- On the driver download page for your printer, find the “Firmware” option and click the plus sign on the front to expand the list.
- Finally, click on the “Download” link to firmware your printer.
- Click the “Save File” button to begin downloading the printer firmware update utility file.
- Double-click the firmware utility file you just downloaded and click “Yes” to continue.
- Click the Down button to select the printer, then select the printer from the drop-down list.
- Click on the “Send Firmware” button.
- Wait for the firmware update to complete.
- When the firmware update is successfully completed, click on the “Exit” button to close the utility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turn off the printer, disconnect it from the network/computer, delete any pending print jobs (on the computer), and restart the printer so that error 49 disappears. You can then reconnect the network/computer cable and try printing again.
In general, service error 49 is a situation in which the printer is unable to process a sent file. In some cases, the file is corrupt, in others, the printer firmware simply cannot interpret the file.
According to the HP printer service manual, error 49 occurs because of corrupted data, incorrect commands, outdated firmware, problems with printer accessories, or improper operations.