Google Drive File Stream is free software from Google that syncs data from Google Drive directly to the user’s computer. It connects as an additional drive that the user can open and view the content stored in Google Drive. Data can be moved in and out of the drive and is also displayed in the Google Drive interactive area.
If the free software is no longer synchronized, the additional drive is no longer displayed and you should refer to the following article to make it functional again.
What causes the “Google Drive has detected a problem and has been stopped” message in Windows 10?
- A corrupted cache.
- Network restrictions.
- Conflicting computer applications.
- Outdated operating system/file management application.
How do I resolve “Google Drive detected a problem and disconnected” in Windows 10?
Updating the operating system
- Open the settings on your computer, and click on Update and Security.
- Click the Windows Update tab, then click the Check for Updates button on the right.
Exit the Google Drive app
- Start by launching the Google Drive File Stream app on your computer.
- Click the More button or the three-dot icon.
- Select Exit.
- Then go back to the More button.
- Select Exit.
Turn off your antivirus program and firewall
- Type “firewall” in the Windows search box and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Enable or Disable Windows Firewall.
- Click on the two options Disable Windows Firewall under Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings and click OK.
Check your Internet connection
- Open your computer’s settings window and click on Network and Internet to see if there are any problems with your network status.
- If there are problems. Scroll down and click on Network Troubleshooter to view and fix the problem.