Roblox is an exciting platform where users can not only play online games, but also interact with different players from around the world. Since Roblox contains many features, there are also many bugs that occur during the game. These errors are quite common and can occur at any time.
ROBLOX error code 279 is a connection error that makes the user unable to connect to the game server. ROBLOX players regularly encounter this type of random error. They have also reported these errors, but Roblox is still struggling with this problem.
What causes Roblox error code 279 in Windows 10?
When you get this error code, it is usually due to connectivity issues, which means that something in your system is interfering or blocking the connection. Usually, the following factors are the cause of the problem
Slow Internet connection: The error message may appear due to a slow Internet connection. If you have a slow internet connection, the game objects you are trying to connect to take longer than usual, which can cause this error message.
Windows Firewall: In some scenarios, the error may be caused by your Windows firewall configuration. If you haven’t allowed the necessary connections for Roblox through the Windows firewall, they will be blocked and you’ll get the above error.
Bad match: in some cases, the problem is limited to some game servers. This can happen if there are bugs in the scripts or if the number of objects in the game is more than the game can handle. If you find that the problem is indeed limited to a few game servers, let the developers know so they can find a solution.
Now that we’ve discussed the causes of the error, let’s move on to solutions. Not all solutions may work for you, so be sure to follow them all.
How to fix Roblox 279 error code in Windows 10?
Use Chrome as your default browser
Playing ROBLOX with an outdated browser or using an unreliable browser as your default browser can lead to error code 279. Therefore, it is best to use a reliable browser.
You can set Google Chrome as your default browser. Even today, Google Chrome is the most used browser in the world.
Use port forwarding
To avoid this error, you need to open the necessary ports for ROBLOX. Error code 279 may be caused if the appropriate port range is not open on your network. Make sure that you have a stable Internet connection before proceeding with these steps.
- Open the router’s control panel and log in as an administrator.
- Go to the Port Forwarding category and enter the IP address of your system.
- Enter the UDP port range as 49152 65535.
- Select UDP as the protocol.
- When finished, reboot the router.
- Start ROBLOX and see if the problem persists or not.
Resetting the default browser settings
Resetting your Internet settings is the best solution to fix Roblox error code 279. Players find this step quite effective and also recommend it.
- Open Google Chrome, as Chrome should be your default choice.
- Open your Internet settings by clicking on the star icon.
- Open the advanced settings and click the Reset button.
- Close your browser completely and try opening ROBLOX to see if the problem goes away or not.
Allow ROBLOX through the Windows firewall manually
The Windows firewall may be the cause of Roblox error 279. What can you do now? The steps to disable the Windows firewall are described below.
- Open the search function and type Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Enable or Disable Windows Defender Firewall on the left side of the window.
- Select the Disable Windows Defender Firewall for Public and Private check box and click OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is available on almost all platforms, from Android and iOS to Windows and Xbox, with the exception of macOS. Some users often encounter a problem when using the platform when they can't connect to the server. Users encounter an error code of 279. This is usually a connectivity problem.
- Use Chrome as your default browser.
- Manually allow ROBLOX through Windows Firewall.
- Disable browser extensions.
- Reset your default browser settings.
- Try to forward the port.
- Turn off antivirus.
- Update your graphics driver.
- Close all unnecessary background programs.
- Turn off antivirus software temporarily.
- Change the graphics quality.
- Reinstall Roblox.
Roblox 279 error code may be the result of stability problems, which can be fixed by restarting your Internet connection. Unplug your router for a minute, turn off all connected devices, and then restart it.