Sling TV is a great app that has a wide variety of premium content and has gained a large user base. However, we recently encountered a Sling 10-100 error when using this app and were able to fix it. In this article, we’ve put together ways to fix this error so you can easily get rid of it.
What causes a “10-100 error” on Sling TV?
Account failure: In some cases, you may be able to access your account, but streaming may not be allowed, which may result in this error. This may be because your account is not properly connected. You can access it from your device, but there may be a problem with the server.
TV error: It is also possible that a corrupt cache has accumulated or the TV has misaligned channels, causing this problem. Sometimes a simple channel change fixes this error and you can reconnect to the app.
Complicated app: In some cases, the problem may be due to a glitch in the Sling TV app. Either the app stores some previous login information or it was broken when you installed operating system updates.
How to repair the “error 10-100” with Sling TV?
Uninstalling the Sling TV application
Uninstalling the app will also remove any temporary or unnecessary files that may be stored on your device. Reinstalling should also provide the latest updates.
Investigate your Internet connection
Make sure you meet the minimum internet speed requirements for services to work properly.
- Turn off all devices connected to your home network.
- Close any applications or other programs running in the background.
- Place a modem or router near your device and see if that solves the problem.
- Or connect your machine to the Internet with an Ethernet cable.
Clearing the cached data
On Windows, iOS, or Android devices, cached data can usually be found under Storage/Privacy in the Settings menu. On Apple TV, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache and data.
- From the main menu, select the Home option.
- Then press the Home button on the remote 5 times + Up button twice + Rewind button twice + Forward button twice.
- It takes a few seconds to clear the cache and you’re finished.
Frequently Asked Questions
- On the Home screen of your device, locate Settings.
- Select Apps > Show All Apps.
- Scroll down and select SLING TV.
- Select Clear Cache > OK.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Highlight the app you want to force close.
- Press and hold the OK button.
- Scroll to About and select OK.
- Scroll down to Forced Closure and press OK.
- Restart the SLING app.
- Right-click in the Start menu and select Applications and Features.
- Scroll down the page or use the search tool to find the Sling TV app.
- When you find it, click the Sling icon and select Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the app.
Close the Sling app and restart it. Some users may have problems with freezing on Fire TV devices. Tap Manage apps to find the Sling TV app. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data. This should solve the problem of Sling not loading.