Reddit is one of the most popular sites for collecting media files. However, it has some bugs, such as the “Your session has expired, please refresh and try again” error.
Many users have reported that they can’t log into Reddit when the site displays the error message “Your session has expired.” However, some users have fixed this error with these very effective solutions.
What causes the “Your session has expired, please refresh and try again” error message on Reddit?
New Reddit: In some cases, the error message appears when a user fails to switch to the new Reddit layout. This can happen for several reasons and prevent the user from using Reddit in the new layout. The new layout has also disrupted searches on Reddit for some users.
Incorrect login: The most common cause of this problem is an incorrect account connected to the computer. Although it indicates that the connection was successful, it does not register properly with the servers and the session is terminated. This can also cause a 500 error on Reddit and prevent you from logging in or using the site.
Empty cache: In some cases, the data cached by the browser may be corrupted, causing this error. Some data is cached by the browser to facilitate site loading and reduce latency, but if it is corrupted, it may prevent the user from correctly logging in.
Cookies: The cookies stored in your browser may be corrupted and prevent you from correctly logging into your Reddit account. Cookies are stored by browsers to save certain site data, shorten site load times, and improve the user experience. However, if they are corrupted, they can prevent you from logging in and you may see this message.
How to resolve the “Your session has expired, please refresh and try again” error message on Reddit?
Logging in from the sidebar
- Click the search button in the sidebar.
- Type the name of your favorite web browser and open it.
- Find the search bar and enter the address of the Reddit site.
- Click the Join button in the sidebar.
- Click the Sign-in button.
- Enter your login information and log in to your Reddit account.
If you are logged in through the main login screen, you may see this error. Try logging in from the sidebar instead of the main login screen.
Investigate your Internet connection
- Check your local Internet connection. Make sure your modem is on and not off.
- Make sure your PC or cell phone has good signal strength from your local Internet connection.
- Refresh the connection page and try again. Check if the error has occurred again.
If the “Your session has expired” error message appears on Reddit and can occur on any browser such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc., take a few basic steps to see if you can fix the error.
Delete your browser’s cache and cookies
- Open your favorite browser.
- Look for the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- When you click this icon, a drop-down menu appears. Click the More Tools button.
- Now click on Clear Browsing Data.
- A window appears asking you to confirm what you want to delete.
- From the drop-down menu, select All Hours.
- Make sure you check all the boxes that ask you to delete “Cookies and other site data” and “images and cached files.”
- Now click Clear Data and verify that the error has been fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Internet connection is unstable and regularly interrupts and reconnects, it may cause your session to expire. When your internet connection is interrupted, the website may disconnect, resulting in a session expiration message when you try to access the page after your internet connection is restored.
The most common reason for this problem is that the account is not properly connected to your computer, indicating that the connection was successful, but it is not properly registered with the servers and the session has expired.
- Log in to your old Reddit.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Log in with a different browser.
- Log in using the Reddit sidebar.
- Log in to Reddit from someone else's profile page.