As the average computer user, you sometimes encounter errors that we are not even aware of. This can be very disturbing because you may think that your computer is not working properly. Today, we’re going to talk about one of these errors.
You might be working on your computer and suddenly you get a message on your screen saying that this application could not start because the file gdi32.dll is not found. Reinstalling the application may solve the problem. “Most people have no idea what this means. Honestly, it’s not that big of a deal. Some of them are very complicated and hard to understand if you’re not a computer expert. But since you are confronted with this error, we probably need to introduce you to some basics so that you know what you are dealing with.
The file gdi32full.dll is a dynamic linking library (DLL), used by various programs. What is a DLL file? A DLL is a shared library concept implemented by Microsoft in Windows and OS / 2 operating systems. They usually end with the extension DLL, DRV or OCX. The DLL file format is the Windows EXE file format.
The file gdi32full.dll is a component of Microsoft’s graphical device interface in Windows. Consequently, it is important for the operation of your graphics, video displays and printers. This causes some programs to refuse to work in Windows. No need to panic, because in this article we will show you how to fix the error of missing or missing gdi32.dll file.
Scan files with the system file checker
- Press the Windows + X key.
- Click Command Prompt (administrator) to open a command prompt window.
- Before starting the SFC scan, type and press Enter:
- DISM.exe / Online / Clear Image / Restore Performance
- Then type sfc / scannow at the command prompt and press Enter.
- Once the scan is complete, the command line may indicate that Windows Resource Protection has detected the corrupted files and successfully restored them.
- Reboot Windows when WRP restores the files.
Reinstall the program that returns the gdi32full.dll error
- Open the Win + X menu and select Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the “Run” text box and click “OK”.
- Select the program you want to reinstall and click “Uninstall”.
- Click Yes to provide additional confirmation.
- After uninstalling the software, restart Windows.
- Then use the installation wizard to reinstall the software to the latest version. Download the latest version from the software website.
Using DISM (Deployment Image Service Management)
In this method, we use a Windows service program called Deployment Image Service and Management that we can use to restore an installed Windows image. We will first find out if the files are repairable and then try to restore them.
- Open a command prompt as administrator
- Type “DISM / online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth” and press Enter to run it. This will check to see if the files can be recovered.
- Enter “DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth” to restore the files.
Reboot your computer.
This method reinstalls windows, but the saved data is retained. However, the installed programs are deleted. When we perform a reset, the computer will be reset to the factory default state, which means that any corrupted or missing system files, including DLL files, will also be restored. This can be done in Windows settings, on the login screen, or using the installation media.