If you have installed or updated Windows and you are facing activation error 0xC004F211, it means that the hardware has changed on your Windows 10 computer. You might have recently updated or removed old hardware. Thus, Windows cannot determine if the key is in use on the new computer or if it is the same. This guide will teach you how to fix Windows activation error 0xC004F211. The installed procedure can also be used to troubleshoot error 0xC004F213.
Windows reported that your device’s hardware has changed, 0xC004F211
Windows reported that product key 0xC004F213 was not found on your device
Even if your Windows 10 has a real key, it cannot be activated. First, run the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter. If that doesn’t fix the problem, let’s see how to fix this Windows 10 activation error.
While minor hardware changes won’t cause activation issues, if you’ve made any major hardware changes, such as replacing the motherboard, that’s a problem. Windows activation system treats this as new hardware and you will need a new license.
Enter your product key again
Re-entering the Windows key may update the license information and resolve the issue.
- Go to settings.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Click Activation.
- Select Change Product Key.
- Enter the key you used earlier and see if rechecking solves the problem.
Use a shared key
Error 0xc004f213 can appear after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise is installed on your computer instead of Pro Edition. This is a known bug.
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet.
- Then go to Settings.
- Go to the Update & Security section.
- Then select “Activate”.
- Click the Change Product Key option.
- Enter this key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T (This is the generic product key used to downgrade your company’s computer to Windows 10 Pro).
- Click the “Activate Product” button.
- Restart your computer. After this step, your own license should be activated automatically.
- Repeat the process if the first try didn’t work.
Activate Windows by issuing the command
In this process, you can try to activate Windows using the command. Here are the steps:
- First press the Start button and navigate to Cmd.
- Then right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Now you need to enter the commands given below.
- slmgr.vbs / ato
Restore activation token
It is very important to restore the activation token file and try again. Here are the steps:
- First click on my computer, then go to local hard drive C.
- Then switch to Windows on your local hard drive C.
- Select System32 then SPP.
- Go to the store when you see PP, then tap 2.0. This is the system drive where you installed Windows. If you installed on a different drive, go for it.