League of Legends An unexpected login session error can happen at the most inconvenient time and block your scheduled MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) gaming sessions. But can it be fixed or will it continue to mess up your sessions? I’ll do my best to give you guys and gals the answer.
This article contains everything I know about the unexpected League of Legends login error and whether it can be fixed, or if there is another way around the problem.
League of Legends is an online multiplayer game launched by Riot Games to cater to fans of the game by giving the player a champion role with unique abilities to compete with other players. Although it is a well-structured and reliable online gaming platform, players do encounter some problems while playing.
Most recently, league players reported encountering the following error message: “An unexpected error occurred while attempting to log in. Please try again” when trying to connect to the LOL client. We have investigated this problem and found effective solutions to help you fix this error so that it does not happen again in the future.
What causes an unexpected error when logging into League of Legends
League of Legends is a fantastic game that is very popular with users around the world. Most of the time it works well and gives users a great gaming experience. However, there are times when something goes wrong. An unexpected League of Legends session login error is one of the most common errors.
When this error occurs, you will receive an error message “An unexpected League of Legends login error occurred. Please try again” or “We can’t connect you because you might be offline”.
Why can’t I log in to League of Legends? Like many users, you may have such doubts. Well, here are a few factors that may be causing this error. There is a problem with the region settings. As the “we can’t log in because you might be offline” error message suggests, the server status is off. Of course, other things can also cause the error.
Since League of Legends has encountered an unexpected error, you need to do something to fix it. How can you fix it? Here are some solutions for you.
Fix the unexpected error when logging into League of Legends
Quit the game before the error occurs
- Load the League of Legends client as usual and log in to your account.
- Before the error message appears, press the X button as if to close the game.
- When you press X, LoL will ask you if you want to quit the game or log out.
- Finally, click on Exit.
- League of Legends will restart, this time without the unexpected login error.
Logout and close processes in the Task Manager
- Launch the League of Legends client.
- Then press ALT + F4 to close the client. Click on the Logout button in the settings.
- After logging out, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to bring up the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, find all instances of RiotClientServices.exe and LeageofLegends.exe and close them.
- When you are sure everything is closed, restart the client and try to connect.
- If you still get the message “Unexpected error logging into League of Legends”, repeat the steps, but also close the “KillerServiceNetwork.exe” program in step 4.
Riot Games, the developer of League of Legends, offers a second solution to solve the “An unexpected error occurred with the League of Legends registration session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Alt+F4 on the client and press "Logout" instead of "Exit".
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and close all instances of
- RiotClientServices.exe and all instances of LeagueofLegends.exe.
- Restart the League of Legends client and log in again.
Open the League of Legends client. If you still can't log in, check the server status here. If the server is running, try logging in again. If the server is not working please wait and try again.
Errors such as "Could not connect to the authentication service" can often be caused by the Windows Firewall. If players find that the League of Legends server in their region works fine, the problem is likely due to firewall settings that are blocking access to the Internet.
- Reinstall the video card drivers.
- Reinstall the game.
- Run the game directly from the installation directory.
- Disable all running League of Legends processes.
- Close all problematic applications.
- Restore installation.