Are you having trouble playing Roblox because of error code 517?
“This game has been interrupted. (Error code: 517)”
“This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later. (Error code: 517)”
Appears when a client tries to join a server that is closing down, or when a player tries to join a server before Roblox disconnects from a previous visit (ID 17/279 may also occur).
This error can also occur if a player tries to join the same server they were disconnected from, and this error can also occur if you delete ROBLOX while playing.
Both of these error messages are part of the ROBLOX Join error. When the server is stopped, this error appears.
What causes Roblox error code 517
Before you go to the guide and fix this error. Understand the most common reasons why a Roblox 517 error code might occur.
- If the server has stopped in the middle of the game. You will get an error message.
- If you are trying to join a server that isn’t working.
- You have a bad internet connection.
- Unfinished Roblox installation.
In the case of the above problems. Then don’t worry, because you are in the right place. In this Roblox guide, we’ll take a look at a list of proven methods to fix error code 517. These methods are perfectly safe, and they have worked for many people.
To be clear, if you don’t have any problems with the above list, but you still get this error. The purpose of the instructions remains the same.
How to fix the Roblox error code 517
Use the Windows troubleshooter
If you’ve seen other ROBLOX bug fixes, you’ve noticed that the older version of Windows doesn’t support ROBLOX.
This is because ROBLOX Player was developed for newer Windows operating systems [7, 8, 10]. If you are using older versions of Windows, such as XP, Vista, you will have problems.
To fix error 517, here are the steps to use the Windows troubleshooter:
- Open the RUN dialog box by pressing Win+R at the same time.
- Find ROBLOX Flash Player and right-click it.
- Find the “Windows Troubleshooting” option.
- Select the operating system if you have other versions of Windows installed.
- Run the troubleshooter.
Logging out and logging in
If ROBLOX often gives you a 517 error, try logging out and then logging back in after a few minutes.
This step worked for me. And I was happy again. I logged out and then logged back in a few minutes later.
And bam! The ROBLOX error code 517 was gone.
You might try this step, as it worked for me, and many people report that this solution is the most effective.
If you often use Chrome extensions like AdBlocker, quickly disable the extension before playing ROBLOX player.
The reason is that ROBLOX is a huge gaming platform, and ads are necessary to maintain this huge platform. If you block the source of ads with Adblocker, ROBLOX will not allow you to play the games.
Frequently Asked Questions
To deal with corrupted game files, uninstall and reinstall Roblox. This is usually an effective way to fix Roblox errors like 517.
- Go to the application data folder, %AppData%.
- Click on the Minecraft data folder.
- Copy and move the same folder to a different location.
- Go back to the first folder to find the .minecraft file.
- Move the .minecraft folder to the trash.
- Open the .exe file again to load Minecraft again.
- Close your Minecraft when you reach the title screen.
- Copy the folder with your saved data to a new .minecraft folder.
- Now you can easily and safely overwrite all the data in that folder.
- Ask your server host to post it again. The main problem with this error is a problem with the server itself.
- Delete log files from Roblox. Cache and log files are created to preload game files from the Internet.
- Resolve the firewall.
- Reboot your computer.
- Reinstall Roblox.
- Make sure that you are using a supported browser.
- Reset your Internet settings (Windows only).
- Check your browser security settings.
- Check your wireless connection.
- Remove/deactivate any ad-blocking browser add-ons.
- Make sure that the appropriate ports are open.
- Configure the firewall and/or router.
- Reinstall Roblox.