Call of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone players face the 6065 development error on PC. Users face problems such as crashes, inability to launch the game, etc. Players get Dev Error 6065 message “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”. Follow these steps to fix the error 6065 in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
What causes the Dev Error 6065 on Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
The error is related to the PC game, and it has been seen in several versions of Modern Warfare. If we talk about the possible causes of this problem, there are many of them. For example, your system configuration is not enough to run the game, maybe there is not enough RAM or graphics.
In addition, a problem with graphics properties may also be the cause of this Dev Error 6065. Users have also reported that the game causes the error when it is not running with administrator privileges.
- Insufficient system configuration
- Graphics Properties
- Game profile
- Administrator privileges
How to repair Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6065?
Check Windows and update your graphics driver
- Click Start menu -> Go to settings.
- Click on Update and Security -> Select Check for updates from the Windows Update option.
- If an update is available, click Download and Install.
You can also manually check for a driver update by following these steps:
- Press Windows + X to open the DeepL access menu.
- Now select Device Manager -> Double-click Display Adapter to expand it.
- Right-click the active or highlighted graphics card -> Select Update Driver.
- Select Automatically check drivers -> If an update is available, it is automatically downloaded and installed.
- Allow the process to complete. Then reboot your system.
Windows Defender firewall whitelisting
Make sure that Battle.net is whitelisted and the Modern Warfare game file to your third-party antivirus program or Windows Defender to run the game correctly.
- Open Windows Defender from the Start menu.
- Click Virus and Threat Protection -> Open Virus and Threat Protection Options.
- Scroll down a bit and select “Add or remove exceptions” under “Exceptions”.
- Click “Add Exception” -> Select the file or folder you want to exclude.
- Finally, confirm the task -> Restart your computer.
Scan and Recover Game Files
- Open the Battle.net client -> Go to your game library.
- Now click on COD Modern Warfare.
- Click Settings -> Select Scan and Restore.
- Click Start Scan -> Wait for the scan to complete.
- Once it does, the problem will be fixed automatically.
- Finally, restart the game launcher and try running the game again.
Removing background tasks
If you have several tasks running in the background that you don’t want to continue, you can easily remove them.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to Processes -> Check which processes are consuming the most memory or CPU power.
- Remove them one by one by selecting the process and clicking End Task.
- Then restart your computer to update the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reboot the system.
- Open the game and the launcher as administrator.
- Update system drivers.
- Reinstall DirectX.
- Disable your antivirus program and disable your firewall to see if they are causing the problem.
- Uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver.
Any variant of Call of Duty can cause dev error 6065 due to outdated Windows and system drivers, as well as corrupted game files. Make sure your Windows and system drivers are up to date. Reinstall DirectX. Disable your antivirus program and turn off your firewall to see if they are causing the problem.
- Open your Modern Warfare or Warzone installation folder.
- Find and delete the following files: .patch.result, .product, vivoxsdk_x64.dll, Launcher.db, Modern Warfare Launcher.exe.
- Now open Battle.net.
- Select the "Options" drop-down menu.
- Then run the scan and restore for Modern Warfare and/or Warzone.
Cod MW Dev Error 6065 also occurs when two player profiles have been set for different game configurations. To solve this problem, you need to delete the folders from the drive.