The Skypebridge.exe error sometimes appears on the screen when you restart your computer. This usually means that you need to install the latest updates for Skype and Windows 10. However, this error may also indicate that a third-party program or application is blocking Skype.
SkypeBridge.exe is a module that is only used by the Skype for Windows 10 application. Its main task is to create an icon on the taskbar and manage it. This is due to the fact that Microsoft Store applications do not support icons on the taskbar.
Is SkypeBridge.exe a virus?
SkypeBridge.exe is a legitimate file because it was developed by Microsoft Corporation and is not marked as dangerous by any virus protection program. However, some types of malware can infiltrate your computer and masquerade as SkypeBridge.exe, causing errors on your computer. If you suspect that the SkypeBridge.exe file on your device is potentially malware, follow these steps to remove it:
- Press the Windows + S key combination to open the search bar.
- Type Windows Security and press Enter.
- When a new window opens, select Protection Against Viruses and Threats from the left menu.
- Under Virus and Threat Protection, open the Scan Options link.
- Select the type of scan you want to run, and then click Scan now.
- Wait for the scan to complete, then remove any potential threats that appear.
What are the causes of Skypebridge.exe error in Windows 10?
SkypeBridge.exe error appears on Windows 10 PC for many reasons. The most important ones are:
- Missing Windows update. A Windows 10 update will allow all your programs to work without any problems. The update usually fixes all existing bugs in the system. So, installing the latest Windows 10 updates can help fix the SkypeBridge.exe error on your device.
- Your version of Skype is out of date. If you are using an outdated version of Skype, such as 188.8.131.52, you are likely to encounter an error.
- Your Skype files are corrupt. Sometimes your application installation files get corrupted and cause a SkypeBridge.exe error. Resetting or reinstalling Skype should resolve the issue.
Perform a Windows update
If the first two steps don’t fix your problem, you can run the Windows Update Center. Most SkypeBridge.exe error messages you encounter may be caused by an outdated Windows operating system. Follow these simple steps to run Windows Update Center:
- Click the “Start” button on Windows.
- Type “Update” in the search box and press “ENTER.”
- In the Windows Update Center dialog box, click “Check for updates” (or a similar button depending on your version of Windows).
- If any updates are available to download, click Install updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your computer.
If the Windows Update Center has failed to resolve the SkypeBridge.exe error message, go to the next step. Note that this last step is recommended only for experienced PC users.
Uninstall and reinstall Skype
If you rarely use the app, you can simply uninstall it from your device.
However, if you use Skype regularly, you can uninstall the current app and reinstall a new copy. Download Skype directly from the Microsoft website rather than from the Store.
- Launch the task manager and stop all Skype.exe processes.
- Go to Settings → Applications and Features.
- Scroll down and select Skype.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Then type% appdata% \ skype in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
- Rename the Skype folder to Skype_OldFolder. Reboot your computer.
- Download and install Skype from Microsoft.
Perform a system restore
The Windows 10 installer turns off system restore by default. If you have enabled system restore and previously created a system restore point, this option is your last resort to fix an invalid image error.
Step 1: In Windows 10, locate System Restore and click Create Restore Point.
Step 2. Click System Restore, select another restore point and click Next. Follow the wizard to perform a system restore and return to a system state where there were no bad image issues.
If you encounter a bad image error in Windows 10, read this guide carefully and use practical methods to solve the problem effectively. If the project has other problems to solve this problem, you can contact our technical support via chat.