Have you encountered the process IAStorDataSvc in Windows Task Manager that is using 60 to 85% of the CPU? This process causes high CPU utilization, which negatively affects the performance of your Windows 10 PC.
The IAStorDataSvc process is associated with Intel Rapid Storage Technology on HP computers. Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a set of drivers from Intel that improves PC performance.
However, Windows 10 users report problems with high CPU utilization, overheating and performance distortion due to this process.
What causes high CPU usage of IAStorDataSvc?
This is due to the fact that this technology stores frequently used programs in its cache. If the cached files are overloaded or corrupted, the main cause is systems infected with viruses or malware, corrupted system files, etc.
How to eliminate the high CPU load of IAStorDataSvc?
Uninstall Rapid Storage Technology
- Right-click on Start -> Settings -> Applications -> Applications and Features.
- Scroll down to Intel Rapid Storage Technology and select Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstall wizard and restart your computer when it is finished.
Uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology service
- Right-click Start -> Run, type services.MSC and press Enter.
- Find Iastordatasvc or Intel Rapid Storage Technology (if they are still present) in the Services window, right-click and select Stop.
- Then right-click Intel Rapid Storage Technology again and select Properties.
- In the new window, go to Boot Type and select Disable -> OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager in the context menu.
- Navigate to the IAStorDataSvc driver, right-click it and select Uninstall Device.
- Reboot your computer to install the correct driver.
- Restart your computer.
- Terminate or restart processes.
- Update the drivers.
- Scan for malware.
- Power options.
- Find specific instructions online.
- Reinstall Windows.
There are many reasons for high CPU utilization - some of them surprising. Slow processing speeds can be caused by an anti-virus program you are using or a virus that the program has to stop.