You are working on a cool Android app and suddenly everything stops. You got the dreaded “com.google.process.gapps stopped” error message. What happens next?
Let’s look at some ways to fix this error message.
What causes “com.google.process.gapps stopped”?
This error is probably caused by an app installed on your device. If you notice this, you can clear the cache or data of a particular app to fix the error.
You may have disabled something you shouldn’t have done (which is easier if you have a rooted device), or some of the default settings in one of the Google apps are out of order.
How to repair the “com.google.process.gapps has been suspended” problem?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on App Manager or Apps
- Tap on All (if available) or drag and drop to All.
- Tap the touch button to open the menu/properties and select “Reset apps” or “Reset apps”. This will not delete the apps, but it will reset them.
Restarting Google Framework services
- Go to Settings and click on Applications.
- Click on “All apps” or drag on “All,” then open the Google Services Framework app.
- Open the app details and click Force Stop, then Clear Cache and Test.
Disable and re-enable Download Manager
- Go to settings
- Touch Apps.
- Find Download Manager and open the app details.
- Turn it off, then turn it back on and test.
Frequently Asked Questions
The gapps process has been stopped - Google Play Community. Clear the cache/data of the following apps/services: Google Play Services, Google Framework, Google Play Store: Go to Settings -> App Manager/Applications -> select app -> Force stop -> Clear cache -> Manage storage -> Clear all data.
The Gapps process is displayed as "process com.google.process.gapps has been stopped unexpectedly". Gapps is short for Google Apps. This error occurs when the application in question cannot connect to the servers, has expired, or is out of sync.
- Reboot your phone.
- Clear the cache and app data.
- The ultimate tool to fix the com process.
- Clear the cache and data from the SIM toolkit.
- Disable the automatic update option.
- Delete the cache partition.
- Perform a factory reset.