We all know that feeling when you’ve already prepared drinks and snacks to watch the next episode of your favorite show on Netflix, but when you press “Play,” you get an error message:
We’re having trouble playing this title. Please try again later or select another title.
This problem is also known as the Netflix tvq-pb-101 error. Although it can be annoying, there are many ways to fix it. In most cases, this Netflix error is related to information on your device that needs to be updated.
What is causing the Netflix TVQ-PB-101 error?
- A device in an error state: The device you are using may be in an error state, usually due to a temporary misconfiguration.
- Incorrectly saved configurations: The error message can also be caused by incorrect configurations being saved on the device.
- Poor Internet connection: The error message “TVQ-PB-101” also occurs when the Internet connection is unstable and the video stops in the middle.
- Netflix servers not working: Although this error message primarily indicates a configuration problem, there are many instances where Netflix internal services are not working, so this error message appears regularly.
- Outdated Netflix application: Another interesting reason for this error message is an outdated Netflix application. The error message that appears is primarily a video playback problem, and there is no indication of an outdated application.
How to resolve the Netflix TVQ-PB-101 error?
Check for updates
- On your desktop, open the “Microsoft Store” icon and search for the Netflix app in the search bar.
- Click to open Netflix and see if updates are available.
- Choose to automatically download and install on your PC.
Reinstall the Netflix app
- Press the ‘Home’ button on the TV remote control to open the home screen, then go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Here, find Google Play Store and click on it to open it.
- At the top of the screen, type ‘Netflix’ into the search bar and open it.
- Two options will appear here: “Uninstall” and “Open.”
- After uninstalling the app, restart the TV and then go to the PlayStore to download Netflix again.
Change the picture quality settings
- Open the Netflix app and click on the “Profile” icon in the top right corner of the window.
- Scroll down to find the “Profile and Parental Controls” option. Then click on “Playback Settings.”
- Change the quality to “High” and see if the error persists or not.
Restart your home network
- Press the power switch on the main router to turn it off completely.
- After shutting down, disconnect all cables and leave the unit off for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, reconnect all cables and turn on the device.
- After the internet connection is established, check if your problem is solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you receive a tvq-pb-101 error code with the message: We are having problems playing this title. Please try again later or choose another title. This usually means that your device needs to be updated.
The device you are using may be in an error state, usually due to a temporary misconfiguration. The error message can also be caused by the device storing the wrong configurations.
- On your desktop, open the "Microsoft Store" icon and search for the Netflix app in the search bar.
- Click to open Netflix and see if there are any updates.
- Select them to automatically download and install them on your computer.