Roblox is an online gaming platform where players can create their own world and let other users enjoy it. In fact, it is an association of users who play in the same world. Although it is a robust platform, sometimes users complain that they cannot install Roblox, or others claim that it suddenly crashes halfway through the installation process. In this final episode of our troubleshooting series, we’ll show you how to fix the “Roblox can’t download or install” problem on Windows 10.
What causes the “Can’t Download or Install Roblox” issue?
It’s hard to find many direct causes for this particular problem, and most troubleshooting methods boil down to performing some workarounds that will allow the installation to work properly and solve the problem. However, it is possible to point out the most common cause that you should pay attention to.
The main executable file of the installer often does not run properly by the anti-virus tool installed on your computer, or directly by the Windows Defender firewall. You should add the launcher as an exception to the antivirus tool and firewall before trying again. Giving it administrator rights also helps!
How to solve the “Roblox cannot be downloaded or installed” problem
Perform an SFC scan
- Go to Start -> type cmd -> right click on Command Prompt -> select Run as administrator.
- Now type the command sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scanning process to finish, then restart your computer. Any corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date
- Open Settings -> Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update on the left side and make sure that all updates have been downloaded and installed.
- Once all updates have been installed, try running Roblox again.
Make sure the time and date are set correctly
- Click on the clock in the bottom right corner and select Date and Time Settings.
- When the Date and Time window opens, make sure that the Automatically set time checkbox is selected and that your time zone is correct.
Deleting Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
We’ll show you how to delete temporary Internet files and cookies in Google Chrome, but the process is similar for all other modern browsers:
- Click on the menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose More Tools -> Clear Browsing Data.
- The Clear Browsing Data window appears. Under Clear Next, select Start Time.
- Select Cookies and other website and plugin data, cached images and files, and hosted application data.
- Click Clear browsing data and restart the browser.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program/firewall
Sometimes your antivirus program or firewall can block access to Roblox. Try disabling your antivirus program and Internet firewall, especially if you can’t start or join the game.
If you can access the game after disabling the antivirus and firewall, you have identified the culprit. Now you need to add the game to your exclusion list.
- Go to “Start” -> type “Firewall” -> double-click on the first result.
- Go to “Allow an application or feature through Windows Firewall”.
- Add Roblox to the exception list.
- Do the same in the antivirus interface and add Roblox to the whitelist.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure you're using a supported browser
- Reset your Internet settings.
- Check the security settings of your browser.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
- Uninstall/deactivate any ad-blocking browser add-ons.
- Make sure that the appropriate ports are open.
- Configure the firewall and/or router.
- Reinstall Roblox.
Go to Settings -> Applications -> Apps and Features -> Roblox -> Advanced and select Reset. After rebooting, restart your computer and try again. If that doesn't work, go to Microsoft Store app settings (three dots in the top right corner of the page), select Updates, apply any updates to Roblox, and reboot your computer.
Please try updating your Internet Explorer to the latest version. You can find it by clicking here. Even if you are not currently using IE as your browser, you need to make sure you have the latest version installed on your Windows machine for Roblox to work properly.
- Make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date.
- Make sure that Roblox is allowed to run.
- Reset your Internet settings.
- Check your browser security settings.
- Make sure your ports are open.
- Check your proxy server settings.
- Make sure the time and date are correct.