Windows users got error 0x80240023 when updating Windows system. Due to this error, you cannot continue to update the Windows operating system. Hence, we have come up with some simple solutions to fix the error 0x80240023.
Causes of Windows update error 0x80240023
There are several reasons for this error. There are several possible reasons for this.
Windows Update error 0x80240023 mainly occurs due to WU_E_EULAS_DECLINED. This means that with one or more updates, the license terms were violated.
It can also happen if your previous Windows error was not updated correctly.
It can also happen due to system files on your Windows system.
This issue occurs on all versions of Windows like Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista. Here we will introduce you to a general and easy way to fix error 0x80240023 on your Windows.
Install the Microsoft Office File Validation add-in manually.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following folder:
C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution
- Type OFV.CAB into the search bar and press Enter.
- Copy the OFV.CAB file to your desktop or download folder. * *
- Note. If the results include two or more OFV.CAB files, copy one of them. (This is the same file).
- Browse to the folder where you copied the OFV.CAB file and extract its contents.
- Double-click the extracted OFV.msi file to manually install the Microsoft Office File Verification Add-in for Office 2007.
- Ask “Yes” in the “User Account Control” window.
- When the installation is complete, go to Windows Update and click Retry.
- Done! This time Windows will check and install all available updates without displaying error 0x80240023.
- If everything is in order, delete the OFV.CAB and OFV.MSI files from which you copied them (for example, from the desktop) and continue working.
Stop and restart the Windows Update service.
Windows Update may not function properly due to licensing issues. However, in most cases, the solution is to stop and restart the service. This is a negotiated solution and one of the first. Here’s how to stop and restart the Windows Update service
- Press the Windows key. Then enter services.msc. Then press “Enter”.
- You will then receive a list of services. Find Windows Update.
- Right-click Windows Update and select Stop.
- Then delete the Windows Update temporary cache folder.
- To access the cache folder, press Windows Key + R.
- Then enter% windir% \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore and click OK.
- Delete all files from the folder.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 again.
- Right-click Windows Update and click Start.
Windows update error 0x80240023 occurs when updating Windows. There are several methods that you can use to solve this problem. Above, we will explain all the simple ways to solve this problem.