To capture the best moments of their lives, many people use the best action cameras like the GoPro. It’s a compact, waterproof camera that combines the functions of a video camera and a compact camera. You can record video in quality up to 4K.
After using the GoPro, you can transfer the video to your laptop for editing. However, some users have reported that their Windows 10 PCs can’t play GoPro videos. If this happens, you won’t be able to continue editing the video.
If you encounter a Windows 10 error that doesn’t play GoPro videos, you’re not alone. Luckily, there are several ways to solve this problem. Check out the solutions below to find out how to continue editing your GoPro videos.
Why can’t Windows 10 play GoPro videos?
The most common cause of problems with GoPro video playback is a lack of compatibility with the video compression used by the camera, namely H.265. The best solution is to convert the video to the most common video format, namely H.264 MP4.
In the new Windows 10 update, support for HEVC (H.265 or High-Efficiency Video Coding) has been removed. This means that the computer can’t play video, and only audio is played in the background. The solution is to download the K-Lite codec pack. This codec pack is designed for audio and video formats that are not supported by the current operating system.
How to solve Windows 10 won`t play GoPro videos?
Launch the video playback troubleshooter
- Open Cortana by pressing Enter Here to search the taskbar.
- Enter “Troubleshooting” in the search box.
- Select Troubleshooting to open the Settings app.
- Select Video Playback and click Run Troubleshooter.
- Then review the solutions, if any, suggested by the troubleshooter.
Freeing up RAM and hard disk space
- To close third-party programs, right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Then select the unwanted third-party software listed under Applications on the Process tab.
- Click the End Task button to close the selected software.
- To free up disk space, type “Disk Cleanup” in the Cortana search bar.
- Then click on Disk Cleanup to open the following window.
- Select the C: drive and click OK.
- Check the Temporary Files and Trash checkboxes.
- You can also enable some other checkboxes to free up more space on your hard drive.
- Then click the OK button.
Recovering corrupt GoPro video files
If your GoPro videos are not playing on your computer, they may have been corrupted during recording.
GoPro video files can be corrupted if the camera shuts down unexpectedly. Therefore, some users may need to restore corrupted GoPro videos.
GoPro cameras display SOS recovery icons highlighting corrupted files. Insert an SD card in your camera that contains a video that cannot be played back.
You may then see an SOS signal on the camera’s LCD screen when you turn it on. If this happens, press any button when you see the restore icon to restore the corrupted file.
Playing GoPro videos using a media player that supports HEVC
If you’re wondering how to play a GoPro 4K video on your computer, you’ll need a media player that supports HEVC.
Windows Media Player cannot play 4K videos without the Media Player Codec Pack. 5K Player, KMPlayer, and VLC are the three best media players for 4K clips. So install one of these media players.
Frequently Asked Questions
Drag and drop the video into the VLC media player. You can also click Media on the menu bar and select Open File. You can then select the GoPro video.
- Connect your camera to your computer. Use the USB cable that came with your GoPro.
- Set up AutoPlay. You can choose to Import to Photo app, Open Device to View Files, or No Action.
- Once set up, Windows will do this every time you connect your GoPro.
Press the power button on the top or front of the camera and turn it off. Connect the micro USB cable to your GoPro camera, then find a free USB port on your computer and connect them. Turn on your GoPro camera. It will automatically switch to USB mode, indicated by an icon on the screen.
Use the micro SD card adapter and make sure the GoPro desktop app recognizes the newly connected device. Make sure the USB logo appears on the front screen of the camera when it is turned on and connected to your computer. If the USB logo does not appear, verify that you are using the GoPro USB cable.