Honestly, the FireStick TV remote and other Bluetooth-enabled remotes have taken entertainment to a whole new level. You don’t need a logical line of sight between the remote and the TV, and other features like Alexa voice control make accessing the TV even more enjoyable than traditional IR blaster remotes.
However, because FireStick remote technology is different from conventional IR remotes, it’s hard to understand why your Fire TV remote sometimes doesn’t work. But yes, there is no such thing as a non-functioning FireStick remote not being fixed. Follow these solutions to get your remote working again.
What causes a ‘Firestick remote not working’?
- If the remote’s charge level is low or if the batteries have not been inserted correctly, this can cause the Firestick remote to malfunction.
- Your remote control is not paired with the Firestick.
- Your remote control is more than 30 feet away from the Fire Stick.
- There may be obstacles that reduce the range of your Fire Stick remote control.
- Other Bluetooth-enabled devices in your home may interfere with your remote control.
- Your replacement remote control is not compatible with Fire Stick.
- Water damage or other internal/external defects may prevent your Fire Stick remote control from working.
How to resolve the “Firestick remote does not work” error?
Replace the batteries
- Remove the batteries from the Fire Stick remote control.
- Pay attention to the way the batteries are inserted and make sure they are not inserted backward.
- If they have been inserted backward, put them back in and try using the remote again.
Insert new batteries.
- If the remote control still doesn’t work, try using different batteries.
Pairing a Fire Stick remote control
- Connect the Fire Stick and make sure it is turned on.
- Wait for the Fire TV to boot up.
- Place the remote control next to the Fire Stick.
- Press and hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote control.
- Hold down the Home button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the Home button and check if the remote works.
- If the remote still does not work, try holding down the Home button again. It may take several attempts to do so.
Using the Fire TV Phone app
- Connect your Fire Stick or Fire TV device and wait for it to launch.
- Download, install and launch the Fire TV remote app.
- Sign in to your Amazon account in the Fire TV Remote app.
- Select your Fire TV device from the list of devices in the app.
- Wait for the code to appear on your TV screen and enter it into the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common reason Fire Stick remotes stop working is a battery problem. Incorrectly inserted batteries, low charge levels, and other problems can cause your Fire Stick remote to stop working. If your remote is not paired with the Fire Stick, it will not work.
- Turn on your Fire TV Stick.
- Bring the remote to the TV and press the Back and Home buttons for 10 seconds. You have now removed the pairing with the Firestick.
- Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds to fix this.
- Repeat this process several times.
If your Amazon Firestick remote doesn't work, try resetting the connection to your device. Make sure the path between your remote and the Firestick is clear so they can connect. You may also need to replace the batteries in your Firestick remote.