In this article, we will show you the solutions to fix the error code 9001-0026 on your Nintendo Switch. This error usually occurs to those who are new to the Nintendo ecosystem or forgot to link their old Nintendo account to the Nintendo Switch.
The exact error message is as follows: Error code 9001-0026. To continue, access the Nintendo Switch system associated with this Nintendo account.
What causes error code 9001-0026 on your Nintendo Switch?
In most cases, this error code occurs because Nintendo Switch games, content, and online subscriptions can only be purchased or paid for on the official Nintendo website or through a valid Nintendo account linked to the Nintendo Switch.
Another case where error 9001-0026 may occur is when you try to pay with a credit card whose currency is different from your local currency. In this case, you can solve the problem by using a credit or debit card that is compatible with your region.
It is also possible that an ongoing server problem is contributing to this error code. In that case, you have no choice but to identify the server problem and wait for Nintendo to fix it.
How to troubleshoot error code 9001-0026 on your Nintendo Switch?
Link your Nintendo account to your Nintendo Switch
Try linking your Nintendo account to your Switch and make a purchase.
- After creating your account, go to the main menu of your console.
- Go to the system settings.
- If your account is not linked, a Link Nintendo Account button will appear.
- You will be presented with several ways to sign in.
- You can sign in using your email address or login ID, or you can sign in with a small device.
- Choose the method that is easiest for you.
- On the next screen, you can link your account.
- Once your account is linked, you can check to see if this solved the problem or not.
Talk to a Nintendo Support
Before attempting to contact them, you should do some preparation to make this process as quick as possible, as you will be asked several questions. A live employee will probably ask you for the following information, so make sure you know how to answer:
- The name of the game or content causing this error code.
- The serial number of your Nintendo Switch system.
- To find your serial number, go to Home -> System Settings and select Serial Numbers (under System).
- The manufacturer and model of your network device (if you use one).
- You need to know the manufacturer and model of your router/modem.
- The name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Use a credit card in the same currency as your region
If you use a credit card in a different currency and region, this may be the reason you receive this error code. In this case, if you are trying to make a purchase from the U.S. with a credit card in a different currency, you can just make sure that you are using a credit card registered in the U.S. You can also use debit cards instead of credit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you link a Nintendo account to a user account, you also get access to the following online features: Access to online game modes (online multiplayer, global leaderboards, DLC, etc.) Use all applications that require Internet access (including Nintendo eShop). Earn My Nintendo Points for purchases made on your Nintendo Switch.
- Restart your console by pressing and holding the power button for three seconds, then select Power Options and Restart.
- Make sure your console has the latest system update installed.
- Check for updates for the problem software.
- Check for corrupted data in the problem software.
- After creating your user account, select System Settings from the HOME menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Users, then select the appropriate user account to access the profile settings.
- Select Link Nintendo Account.
- Select Sign In and Link to link your existing Nintendo account.