Many Discord users are unable to join voice channels due to the “No Route” error. The “No Route” error is in the same category as the “ICE Checking” and “Stuck RTC Connecting” errors. In all cases, Discord is blocked when trying to connect to the voice server.
By researching the problem and examining various user reports, we were able to identify several scenarios in which this error can occur.
What causes the “No Route” error in Discord?
- Your ISP has made changes to your dynamic IP address.
- You are using a VPN solution without User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
- You are trying to connect to a server located on another continent.
- Discord is blocked by a third-party antivirus or firewall.
- Your network does not support “Quality of Service with high packet priority”.
How to resolve the “No Route” error in Discord?
Uninstall the antivirus software
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + R.
- Type appwiz.CPL in the Open field and click OK to open the Programs and Features applet.
- Select the antivirus software from the list and click the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes in each confirmation window that opens.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the antivirus software.
Check your firewall settings for Discord
- Press the Windows key.
- Enter Firewall, then select Windows Defender Firewall to open the control panel applet.
- Click Allow application or feature through Windows Defender Firewall to open the Allowed Applications option.
- Click on the Change settings option.
- Then check all the boxes for Discord if they are not checked.
- Click the OK button.
Disable the Enable High Packet Priority for QoS setting
- Click the gear button in the lower-left corner of Discord to open more options.
- Go to the Language and Video section.
- Scroll down and disable the Enable QoS with the high packet priority option.
- After disabling this option, restart Discord.
Disable VPN software
- Press the Windows key, type “Network” and select “Show Network Connections” to open the Control Panel application.
- There, right-click on the VPN and select Disconnect.
- Then try connecting to the voice channel in Discord when the VPN is disabled.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Restart Discord.
- Restart your computer.
- Change the language region.
- Turn off your VPN.
- Allow outbound connections for Discord in the Windows firewall.
The easiest way to secure your Discord conversations is to use a virtual private network (VPN). Voice over IP (VoIP) services like Discord, for example, is blocked in the United Arab Emirates and China. However, if you connect to a VPN server in another country, you can bypass this restriction and communicate freely.
Click on the down arrow next to your server at the top of the channel list on the left, then click on "Server Settings." On the "Overview" tab, you can see various server settings, including the current server region. To change the server region, click "Change".