Conan Exiles is an online multiplayer survival game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms. There have been reports of an authentication failure issue in the game Conan Exiles on Windows PC. The problem is reported as a “Pending Connection Failure” window with “Could not connect to server. Authentication failed!”.
Conan Exiles Pending Connection Failure prevents you from playing or joining the game, which is very frustrating. The authentication failure problem in Conan Exiles can occur for several reasons. But fortunately, you can fix it with the following methods. Take a look below.
What is the cause of the “Authentication Failed” error in the game Conan Exiles?
Analysis of this issue reveals two different causes. You should check if one of them can apply to your scenario, as it can save you a lot of time. Check it out below and you’ll be one step closer to the final solution!
Incorrect BattlEye setting: BattlEye is an anti-cheat tool that is used in the game to check if you are using banned tools to improve performance in the game. If this setting is faulty, it can prevent you from joining the server, so reinstall it just in case.
The game is blocked in the Windows Defender firewall: If the game can’t access the internet properly, errors like this are inevitable. Since your firewall is probably blocking the connection, consider skipping the game.
How to repair the “Authentication failed” error in Conan Exiles?
Reinstall the BattlEye Anti Cheat Engine
If you have already uninstalled a game mod or cheat engine, but the problem persists, the BattlEye Anti Cheat Engine will not allow you to pass the authentication screen. This is a known bug in the game, and it may not be responding.
All users, in particular, face this problem. To solve the problem of a failed login to the game in Conan Exiles, simply reinstall it.
- While you are using Steam, go to your library.
- Now find Conan Exiles in your game library and right-click on it.
- Select Properties, then click the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Browse local files button
- You will now be redirected to the game’s installation folder.
- Also, close the Steam client
- In the game folder, you will see the BattlEye folder.
- Navigate to the folder, right-click on BattlEye and run the game as an administrator.
Disabling/removing cheat engine and mods
The first thing to do to solve the problem of failed authentication in Conan Exiles is to remove or disable mods or cheats. Since the game comes with an anti-cheat engine by default, it can detect game mods and similar programs.
- Close the game completely.
- Uninstall or uninstall the cheat engine or mod.
- Reboot the system and then try to run the game.
- If the problem persists, follow the method suggested below.
Disable Windows Firewall
Although the methods described above solve the cooperation problem in Conan Exiles, authentication fails. If the problem persists, disable the Windows firewall.
- Go to Control Panel, then System and Security.
- Now click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on the “Enable or Disable Windows Firewall” link in the upper left corner.
- Finally, disable the firewall for both private and public networks.