The 0xc0000135 error handling exception message occurs when Windows users try to run a game or an application that requires a lot of graphics processing. The error parameters indicate the absence of a distributed Visual C ++ component (dynamic linking library) or a distributed Visual C ++ component.
Although the error is often attributed to BattlEye or a number of other “third-party” packages, the real problem is how a particular game uses a particular VC+ package.
Microsoft sells “distributed” VC+ packages as separate software, so you can install/remove them as needed.
For this reason, they often get corrupted.
- Some distributed Visual C++ packages that are not on your system
- VC+ package is not installed correctly
- The game cannot access the necessary VC+ files
- Administrator access is required
- Windows cannot access some settings, etc. Д.
- Antivirus may block access to different subsystems
The error is usually displayed with the following error messages:
Exception handling message 0xc0000135
0xc0000135 – STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND
The bottom line is that the application you are using is not accessing a certain “DLL” file (dynamic linking library).
These files are used to provide standardized functions in Windows and are used by almost any application you might use on the platform.
Reinstalling the distributed Visual C ++ package for Visual Studio 2012
Users who encountered the 0xc0000135 exception handling message error only resolved this error by installing this file, and their error disappeared automatically. We recommend that you install Visual Studio 2012 on your computer by following the instructions given here:
- Press Start + R on your computer keyboard at the same time.
- This will launch the runtime program for you. There you should type “appwiz.cpl” and press the enter key to run the command.
- This will open up the Program and Function Assistant for you in the control panel.
- There you can easily uninstall, restore and restore any installed application.
- Find the distributable Visual C ++ component for Visual Studio 2012 with Update 4.
- Right-click on that program.
- Among the options offered, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to completely remove the program from the device.
- Reboot the device to see the changes.
Perform an SFC scan at the command line
In this method, we will use the command line to perform a specific scan, called an SFC scan. To eliminate the 0xc0000135 exception handling message error using the sfc / scannow command, see the following instructions:
- Go to your device’s Start menu.
- Type CMD in the search box.
- Right-click the command line application.
- Select Run as administrator.
- In the command line window, type the command sfc / scannow.
- Click Enter.
- Let the analysis complete on its own.
- Then reboot your device.
Perform a new installation / repair
If none of the possible fixes have solved the problem, you’ve probably encountered some type of system file corruption that can’t be fixed by traditional methods. In this case, the only viable solution is to reset any Windows components that may be causing the problem (including the data used to boot).
When you do this, you have two options:
- Restore the installation (update in place). This process takes longer and requires the use of compatible installation media. However, the main advantage is that you can keep all of your personal files (including apps, games, custom settings, and personal media). This process only handles Windows files.
- Moving is the easiest approach. You can run it without installation media and run it directly from the Windows 10 settings menu. However, if you don’t back up your data beforehand, you won’t lose any personal files stored on your operating system drive. (C: / by default).