Some time ago, Microsoft introduced us to the concept of an app store for downloading and installing apps. In the Microsoft Store we can download and/or update all the applications created for Windows in a few clicks. But of course, as with any application, there are some errors when installing it or trying to download the application.
The error codes you can get from the Microsoft Store can be related to various causes, such as: For example, error code 0x8024600e when trying to install or update apps from Microsoft Store or error code c101a006 in case of temporary server failure. . I will explain in a few lines how we can fix some of the error codes we get in Microsoft Store when using Windows.
Some Windows 10 users encounter error 0x80073CF6 when trying to install or uninstall a program or when trying to update an existing UWP application. In most cases, this error code is accompanied by the message “This operation failed with this error” or “* Application * cannot be installed”.
Run the Windows application troubleshooter
Before you try anything else, it is recommended to check if your Windows 10 computer can solve the problem automatically. Several affected users reported that they fixed the problem by running the Windows Apps Troubleshooter and applying the recommended update.
Note that this built-in utility contains a set of recovery strategies that can be automatically applied when a known scenario is detected.
Here is a quick step-by-step guide that will show you how to run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter to fix 0x80073CF6:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys. Then type “ms-settings: Troubleshoot” in the text box and press Enter to open the Troubleshoot tab in the Settings menu.
- Click the “Windows Troubleshooting” tab, go to the right pane of the screen and scroll down to the “Find and fix other problems” section. Then click the Windows Store Apps entry and select the “Run Troubleshooter” option from the pop-up menu.
- After entering the Windows Store Apps utility, patiently wait for the first scan to complete. Upon receiving the results, verify that a viable repair strategy is found. If so, click Apply this update to automatically apply the potential update.
- After applying the update, restart your computer and see if the problem resolves the next time you start your computer.
Create the Windows 10 installation media.
- Go to the Windows 10 download site.
- Download the Windows Media Creation Tool (MCT) and save it to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, run the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool.exe).
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select “Create installation media for another PC” and click “Next”.
- On the next screen, select Next. * *
- * Note: No changes are required here. Windows has already selected the correct version and release for the current computer.
- Select the type of Windows 10 media that MCT should create for you (USB or ISO) and click Next.
Of course. If you want to create a Windows 10 installation USB drive, select the USB drive and insert a blank USB drive (at least 4 GB) into your computer.
б. If you want to boot Windows 10 as an ISO file and burn it to a DVD, select the ISO file and insert a blank DVD into the DVDRW tray.
- Wait for MCT to load the Windows 10 installation media. * *
- * Note: If you downloaded the ISO file at the end of this process, you can burn the files to a blank DVD.
- When the tool is ready, go to the next step.