Your system may display the isPostback_RC_Pendingupdates error if system drivers, especially chipset drivers (such as Intel ME), are not updated. In addition, a corrupted Windows Update agent or a corrupted Windows installation can cause the mentioned error.
The problem occurs when the user tries to update the faulty system and the user runs Windows troubleshooter.
Please disconnect all external devices such as USB, external hard drive, etc. of the system before looking for solutions.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First, run the Windows Update troubleshooter, which can fix many update problems. Launch the Win 10 Search Utility by pressing the Enter button to search or by pressing the Windows + S key combination.
- Enter troubleshooter in the search box.
- Users can then click Troubleshooting Options to open the Options window.
- Select Windows Update and click Run the troubleshooter to run it.
- Users can then search for possible fixes in the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Disable the measured connection for your network
Users with limited data plans usually change their network type to metered connection, which limits the operation of various applications and services (including Windows Update). In this case, disabling the measurement connection setting for your network may resolve the issue.
- Start Windows Search by pressing Windows Key + S, then enter settings. Now click on Settings in the search results.
- Open Network & Internet, then click Properties (under your network connection).
- Set the switch with Set as measured connection (in the section “Measured connection”) to Off.
- Now, reboot your system and on restart check if the issue with pending updates is resolved.
Run BITS Troubleshooter
- The Background Intelligent Transfer Service Troubleshooter can troubleshoot BITS issues. This is what some users need to do to fix error 2182 NET HELPMSG. To open the BITS troubleshooter, press the Windows key + R key combination.
- Enter “Control Panel” in the “Open” field and select “OK”.
- Click Troubleshoot to open the Control Panel applet.
- On the left side of the window, click Show All to open a list of troubleshooting tools.
- Then click Background Intelligent Transfer Service to open this fix.
- Click Advanced to select the Apply repairs automatically option, and then click Next.