Deceit tests your trust and deception instincts in a thrilling multiplayer first-person shooter. You wake up in an unfamiliar environment to the sound of an unfamiliar game master’s voice. Surrounded by five other players, one-third of your group is infected with a deadly game master virus, tasked with destroying the remaining innocent players. The innocent players must remain vigilant, make their way through three zones and escape through a safe hatch while the infected try to destroy you one by one.
Fortunately, in this IR Cache article, we’ll explain the causes and fixes for the “Failed to Load Profile” error in Deceit that players have encountered.
What is the cause of the “Failed to Load Profile” error in the Deceit game
Deceit game cannot load profile due to restrictions imposed by your internet service provider. In addition, the blocking of communication with the game by your antivirus/firewalls can also cause the specified error.
The user encounters an error when launching the game. There is also no fixed pattern of error occurrence. In some cases, the problem occurs after using the game for a long time.
Before proceeding to solutions, reboot the system and network devices to see if the problem is resolved.
How to Repair the Deceit “Failed to Load Profile” error
Check the integrity of the game files
- Open Steam.
- Go to the library and find Deception.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Local Files tab and click on Check Game File Integrity.
- The verification process will now begin.
- It may take about 15 minutes, so do not interrupt it.
- Once the process is complete, try restarting the game.
- If you are having problems with the game, it may be due to corrupted game files.
Install latest updates
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app.
- Open the Settings application and go to the Update and Security section.
- Click the “Check for updates” button.
- Windows will now check for updates. If updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed in the background when you restart your computer.
- After installing the latest updates, check to see if the problem persists.
If you are having problems with the game Deceit, you may be able to resolve them simply by installing the latest Windows updates.
According to users, some bugs can sometimes occur in Windows 10, and the best way to fix them is to install the missing Windows updates.
Restart the Steam client
Sometimes, this problem can occur due to small issues in Steam. However, you can simply restart Steam to fix this problem. After restarting Steam, try restarting the game and see if that fixes the problem.
Download the latest patches
Although Deceit has a few issues, the developers are working hard to fix them. In fact, several patches have been released to address frame rate and stability issues. To fix these and other issues, make sure you keep your game up to date.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is another common error that can be caused by missing components or corrupted game files. Check the integrity of the game files and install DirectX and Visual C++ components, and the problem should be solved.
If you usually can connect, but currently can not connect, please check the community discord, as it may be a server failure or maintenance. In this case, skip these steps, wait a few minutes and restart the game client. This will create a `game. log` file in the main Deceit folder.
You can select this new option by selecting "Fullscreen" as a windowed mode in the settings. The current full-screen mode can be selected by selecting "No Field Mode".
- Open Deceit.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select "Sound.
- Change the selected device in the list next to "Voice Out".
- Note that some voice outputs may have similar names, please review and make sure you select the correct voice output device.