0x87e10bc5 is an error that affects apps downloaded from the Windows Store, indicating that the Windows Store and app files are corrupt. It can also occur if your device is not ready for Windows Store apps. It will give you an error message that says Unknown HResult Error code: 0x87e10bc5 and will not allow you to run the apps you downloaded from the Store. The error doesn’t depend on a specific application but applies to all of them.
Let’s take a look at what causes this error and how to fix it quickly.
What causes Unknown HResult Error code 0x87e10bc5?
The error occurs mostly in the Windows Store. Any application you try to download can give you this pop-up warning, negating any chance of downloading the application. It can also pop up when you try to run a recently downloaded app from the Windows Store. This indicates a problem with the Windows Store.
How to resolve Unknown HResult Error code 0x87e10bc5?
Checking the date and time
- Right-click the clock icon and select Change Date and Time Settings.
- Then check if the date and time are set correctly.
- If the date and time are not set correctly, you should reset them and click OK.
- After that, you should also check the time zone and reset it if it is incorrect.
- Finally, you should restart your computer.
Clear the Windows Store cache
- While holding down the Windows icon key, press R at the same time.
- Then type WSReset.exe in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Check your Internet connection
- First of all, check if your device is connected to the Internet or not.
- If you downloaded an app from the Windows Store, that doesn’t mean that it no longer requires an Internet connection.
- But when you download an app, you’ll find hundreds of apps that only work when you’re connected to the Internet.