Malwarebytes is one of the anti-virus tools and was first introduced in January 2006. Malwarebytes can find and remove malware such as viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, and worms. There are two editions: free and paid.
It offers your computer many interesting features. But now there is a problem – Malwarebytes Web Protection does not work. Web protection is important for your computer because the main distributor of malware is the Internet. Therefore, if there is a problem with your web protection settings, you need to fix it as soon as possible.
What is the reason why Malwarebytes web protection is not activated in real-time?
In some cases, the Malwarebytes database may be corrupted, preventing it from correctly detecting and applying settings, and the real-time protection becomes inactive. Therefore, at this point, we perform an onsite software update to get it working correctly again.
If the MBAMService.exe file is corrupted, errors like the one we’re talking about now are bound to occur, and there’s not much you can do about it except repair the service yourself. Other symptoms of this corrupted file are increased RAM and CPU usage.
How to fix the situation when Malwarebytes Real-Time Web Protection does not activate?
Allow the self-protection module to run early
- Open the Malwarebytes program.
- On the Protection tab, go to Settings and then to Startup Options.
- Enable the Enable early start of the self-protection module option.
- Reboot your device.
This should activate the real-time protection as soon as the computer starts up. However, if the software still reports that the device is not protected, proceed to the following solution.
- First, uninstall the program using the recommended tool.
- Reboot your computer when prompted.
- Install the latest version of Malwarebytes, which you can find on their website.
- Activate the real-time protection and see if it works.
A clean copy should contain your license key information, so don’t worry about losing your subscription. Many subscribers have completed this clean reinstallation.
However, if you are still unable to use real-time protection, you should contact Malwarebytes support and send diagnostic logs.
Completely disable Malwarebytes
This means closing the application as usual and right-clicking the Malwarebytes icon in the system tray and selecting Quit Malwarebytes to end the process.
Then reopen the app and see if anything changes when you try to enable real-time protection.
Users report that this doesn’t always help, but it’s still worth a try. Sometimes restarting programs can solve several problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
If it won't turn on, your computer may not be protected against malware. To solve this serious problem, you can try installing a new clean copy of the antivirus. However, you can also consider using another modern bug-free antivirus program that enables real-time protection.
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Open Add/Remove Programs.
- Remove Malwarebytes` Anti-Malware.
- Restart your computer.
- Download mbam-clean.exe and run it.
- Check if there is a problem with the Malwarebytes service.
- Reinstall Malwarebytes from scratch.
- Antivirus problems.
- Uninstall MBAM in safe mode.
- Reinstall with Malwarebytes support tool.
One of the most common reasons why the actual protection keeps getting disabled is a bug in the current software version. You should check to see if an update is available and install it. If you receive a version update message, you can simply click Install Now.