You won’t find a more stable email client than Microsoft Outlook. However, it can also be made to generate error messages when a problem occurs. Outlook error code 0x8004060C is a good example. Outlook generates this error message when the PST file starts to exceed the storage limit.
“Microsoft Exchange Server – Submit Job reported error (0x8004060C):” The message store has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this message store, select certain items that you no longer need and delete them permanently. ” “
E-MAIL ADDRESS task – sent and received error (0x8004060C): “Unknown error 0x8004060C”
“Microsoft Exchange Server – Error received by the get task (0x8004060C):” Unknown error 0x8004060C “
Reduce mailbox size
- Outlook 2019 and 16 users can try to reduce the mailbox size in order to fix error 0x8004060c by using the mailbox cleanup utility. Click Files and Tools to open the options below.
- Click the Empty Mailbox button.
- Select the Auto Archive option to archive additional emails.
Recover Outlook OST Data File
- Recovering Outlook OST data file is another possible solution to error 0x8004060c. Close Outlook first if it is open.
- Start Run with the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut. Type Control Panel in the Open box and click OK.
- Click the Control Panel> button that appears immediately below to select All Control Panel Items. Then click “Mail Setup” (or “Mail”) in the Control Panel.
- Click the View Profile button.
- Select a profile to restore, then click the Properties button.
- Click the Email Accounts button.
- In the Account Settings window, select the Email tab.
- Select your Exchange account and click the Change button.
- Disable the Use Cached Exchange Mode setting.
- Click the Advanced Settings button to open additional options.
- In the Microsoft Exchange window, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Offline Folder File Options button.
- Click the Disable Offline Use button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Then select the Offline Folder File Options option and click OK.
- In the dialog box that opens, select Yes.
- Select the Use Cached Exchange Mode option, click OK and Next, and then click Finish.
Outlook offers a rich user interface for business users as well as various other business features. However, there is no guarantee that Outlook will not damage your files. So, given the problems with Outlook error code 0x8004060c, we have discussed some methods of recovering OST and PST files. Besides some manual methods, users can seek help from a third party and fix this error.