Call of Duty Modern Warfare was one of the popular video games played by first-person shooter fans in 2019. It is available for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms, but unfortunately, the PC game seems to be more glitchy and full of problems.
Many players report that the game crashes with a DirectX Dev Error 5761 message, which is very annoying. If you also get DirectX Dev Error 5761 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, find out how to fix this problem.
What is the cause of COD Modern Warfare Dev Error 5761
Display Problem: If you find that the game hangs every time you try to join an online session, you probably have a display problem. Some users with the same problem have been able to solve it by forcing the game into full-screen mode without images. If that didn’t work, you can also try opening the game in windowed mode and running the overlay tool with administrator privileges.
Inappropriate GPU drivers: an improperly installed GPU driver or an AV scan that has isolated certain GPU driver dependencies can also cause this behavior. In this case, you need to reinstall the latest versions of the GPU drivers and then reinstall them through the official channels.
In-game overlay conflict: In most cases, this problem is caused by a conflict between two overlay tools that are trying to take control of the game screen simultaneously. In this case, you can solve the problem by disabling the in-game overlay features of one of the tools or by removing it completely.
How to Repair COD Modern Warfare Dev Error 5761
Launch the game with administrator privileges
- Right-click on the game’s desktop shortcut and select the location of the open file.
- Once in the game’s file folder, locate the launch file.
- Now right-click on the launcher file and select “Run as administrator”.
- To run the program as an administrator at all times, right-click the Modern Warfare launcher file again
- Go to properties
- Switch to the Compatibility tab
- Make sure the ‘Launch this program as an administrator’ is checked
Changing graphics settings
Users have reported that the game has a setting, a sub-display mode called Fullscreen borderless. In order to run the game, you need to enable this setting. Here’s how to get rid of the Modern Warfare Dev 5761 error code.
- Run Call of Duty Warzone in safe mode.
- Now go to settings and then to graphics
- Under Display, Mode, select Full-screen without borders.
Disable cross display
Several users have confirmed that the error occurs when crossplay is enabled. Therefore, it is recommended that you disable crossplay by following the steps below in Modern Warfare Dev Error 5761.
- Once you are in the game, go to Settings.
- Now go to the Account tab.
- Find the Crossplay option here and turn it off.
- Now try to run the game
Disabling the Game Bar in Windows
Game Bar, developed by Microsoft, is used to capture game videos, translations, screenshots, etc. However, it can cause problems such as dev 5761 Modern Warfare error. Given this fact, you should disable them.
- Open the settings window by pressing the Windows and I keys.
- After opening the main window, click the Game icon.
- Uncheck Save game clips, screenshots, and game panel broadcasts in the parent window.
- Then click on Game DVR in the left pane.
- Go to the right side of the window and uncheck the Record in Background option.
- Finally, restart the Modern Warfare game and see if the error persists.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the game is still stuck on this screen, try turning it off and then restarting it. If you're playing on a console, the problem may be the lack of an update that you can't see. Try restarting the console if the problem doesn't go away.
This type of error usually prevents players from starting the game, and the solutions you should try require searching through the game files.
Every development error you encounter may be the result of a corrupt or missing game file. Game files get corrupted due to antivirus intrusions, sudden stops in the middle of the game, and malware infections. To solve the problem, you need to find the missing files and replace them.